OwnerRez is pleased to offer the ProServices premium services that assist users to set up, transfer or create custom Hosted Websites.
- ProConnect Service
- ProTransfer Service
- WebAssist Service
- I have X properties now, but I'm hoping to buy another one soon, do I have to pay more?
- I have a notebook with all my old guests going back years, can you get that data into OwnerRez?
- I have a property manager, should I tell them I'm switching over to your service?
- Can I send you my login information and you pull information from my listing sites?
- So I just send you over some data and you do everything for me?
- I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the ProConnect Service provide this for me?
- I need my account set up ASAP!
- Can I work on this at my own pace?
- I paid for ProConnect and it isn't fully set up yet, why am I being charged for the monthly service?
- I want consulting on how to set up my vacation rental business.
- Can you set up my website for me?
- I have several properties and use different email templates and different Rental Agreements for each - will you set up all of those?
- I want to be online with you while you're doing the setup, so I can learn everything you're doing.
No, you pay for the properties that we are going to set up for you - the ones you have now and during the time of the ProConnect/ProTransfer work.
The ProTransfer Service includes assisting with importing of future bookings, and relatively recent past ones, from electronic data provided to us, which includes up to 3 years of past data import. But if the data is available, we may be able to go back further.
OwnerRez includes a wide variety of tools to import data, and we can advise you in formatting your old data such that it can be imported into OwnerRez. Depending on the nature of the data, we may be able to do it for you for an additional charge.
OwnerRez does not retype handwritten notes.
Eventually, yes - but don't give them notification without discussing it with us first. We need to make sure we can get the data we need to set up your new account, and sometimes property managers are very quick at shutting things off.
We appreciate your trust and we understand this process requires a lot of involvement on your part. But, due to liability and privacy issues, we should not be privy to your personal information. Not only would we be able to see the things we're asking you for, but we would also have access to financial info and other data not at all related to your OwnerRez account, as we don't want that responsibility. We hope you can understand.
No. The OwnerRez ProServices including both our ProConnect and ProTransfer Services are absolutely very collaborative - we cannot know your business as well as you do, so we'll need your active input and help. There are also quite a few things that we literally cannot do for you, though we'll help you do them and show you what needs to be done:
- Connecting OwnerRez to your listing channel accounts - because you own those accounts, not us, you have to authorize the connection. We cannot do it even with your credentials.
- Setting up a credit card payment processor merchant account. This is basically banking, and the processor company has to speak directly with you, it's the law.
- Configuring your own custom website that isn't one of our Hosted Sites. If you are using an OwnerRez Hosted Site, the WebAssist Service team will be happy to assist in setting up your Hosted Website.
- Writing custom emails to be sent to your guests, like Welcome, Before Arrival, After Departure, etc. Once you provide us with the content, we'll be glad to configure up to six of those emails in OwnerRez.
- Setting up a domain name. You'll need to have your domain registered with any domain registrar, and we can provide you instructions to point it to our servers. You'll also want to consider having your domain name verified and adding an email affiliated with that domain. We can provide instructions on how to make that happen.
- Importing past booking information. The ProTransfer Service can provide detailed instructions to export your data and import it into OwnerRez.
I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the ProConnect Service provide this for me?
No. Contact our Help Team who can assist with any questions you may have.
OwnerRez ProServices do provide an assigned representative, and there is much more flexibility and availability for scheduling calls in advance when necessary. You absolutely can have a live screen share session with your representative by appointment in advance.
Our ProConnect Service is not necessarily the fastest way to get your account set up. We won't sit on our hands, and we make every effort to complete each project as quickly as possible, however, there are over 1,000 fields per account and it takes time to make sure they are configured correctly. Also, there are quite a few essential aspects of setup that are not under our control, most noticeably certain API connections and the payment processor configuration. These involve other separate companies and cannot always be sped up.
If you are in a hurry, the best way you can move things along is by promptly providing information as we ask you for it. Generally, you should expect the information you provide to be populated in your account within two work days.
ProConnect and ProTransfer Services are not services that remain available for months at a time. It is our goal to get your account up and running as quickly as possible. If you find you are not able to devote enough time, we can always get things started and then transfer your file to our Help Team who can assist with any questions you may have.
I paid for ProConnect and it isn't fully set up yet, why am I being charged for the monthly service?
During the course of your ProConnect and ProTransfer Services setup process, you will benefit from our experience in setting up many other clients, and we may make various suggestions. That said, OwnerRez ProServices is not a business consulting and advice service.
- We are not a domain registrar - you will need to register a domain name with a domain registrar like GoDaddy or Name Cheap. We'll provide instructions to point your domain at our servers.
- We are not an email service provider - you should get an email address at your domain. Your domain registrar can usually provide this, or you can use a third-party service like Google Workspace.
- We can set up an OwnerRez Hosted Website for you, using our built-in system and regular monthly subscription fees apply.
- The WebAssist Service can make minor changes to your Hosted Website, but customization of your Hosted Website is not included in the WebAssist Service.
- We cannot set up a custom external website for you, or provide extensive support to you or your web designer if you choose to design your own website with the use of our Widgets or WordPress plugin. There are simply too many possible ways to design websites, and that's just not what we do.
I have several properties and use different emails, Rental Agreements and Cancellation Policies for each - will you set up all of those?
The ProConnect Service is happy to help you set up six Templates/Triggers, a Rental Agreement, a Cancellation Policy and a handful of custom Field Codes for one of your properties. We encourage our clients to use standard messaging and to take advantage of Field Codes to define small differences between properties. If your business requires you to handle properties differently, you will be able to use our work as an example of how to create the additional things you need. We will also make sure to provide videos and help docs for any work you may want to do.
Unfortunately, that is not possible. Our ProConnect and ProTransfer Services teams use many custom streamlined tools that are not available to regular users. You absolutely can have a live screen share session with your representative by appointment in advance. However, do not expect it to be a live "set the whole thing up at one go" marathon.