We offer a premium service called ProConnect (formerly Concierge service) where we help you set up your OwnerRez account and configure numerous features and settings.
This article provides a list of common questions and answers for the ProConnect service.
- I have X properties now, but I'm hoping to buy another one soon, do I have to pay more?
- I have a notebook with all my old guests going back years, can you get that data into OwnerRez?
- I have a property manager, should I tell them I'm switching over to your service?
- Can I send you my login information and you pull information from my listing sites?
- So I just send you over some data and you do everything for me?
- I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the ProConnect Service provide this for me?
- I need my account set up ASAP!
- Can I work on this at my own pace?
- I paid for ProConnect and it isn't fully set up yet, why am I being charged for the monthly service?
- I want consulting on how to set up my vacation rental business.
- Can you set up my website for me?
- I want to be online with you while you're doing the setup, so I learn everything you're doing.
No, you pay for the properties that we are going to set up for you - the ones you have now and during the time of the ProConnect work. You can add more properties later on down the road without incurring additional fees - unless you want us to set those properties up too, in which case you can make an additional payment and we'll do that for you. Additional properties will change your monthly service bill, of course.
The ProConnect service includes assisting with importing of future bookings, and relatively recent past ones, from electronic data provided to us. We don't retype handwritten notes, or import data older than the current year.
However, OwnerRez includes a wide variety of tools to import data, and we can advise you in formatting your old data such that it can be imported into OwnerRez. Depending on the nature of the data, we may be able to do it for you for an additional charge.
Eventually, yes - but don't give them notification without discussing it with us first. We need to make sure we can get the data we need to set up your new account, and sometimes property managers are very quick at shutting things off.
We appreciate your trust and we understand this process requires a lot of involvement on your part. But, due to liability and privacy issues, we should not be privy to your personal information. Not only would we be able to see the things we're asking you for, but we would also have access to financial info and other data not at all related to your OwnerRez account, as we don't want that responsibility. We hope you can understand.
No, our ProConnect service is necessarily very collaborative - we cannot know your business as well as you do, so we'll need your active input and help. There are also quite a few things that we literally cannot do for you, though we'll help you do them and show you what needs to be done:
- Connecting OwnerRez to your listing channel accounts - because you own those accounts, not us, you have to authorize the connection. We can't do it even with your credentials.
- Setting up a credit card payment processor merchant account. This is basically banking, and the processor company has to speak directly with you, it's the law.
- Configuring your own custom website that isn't one of our Hosted Sites. If you are using an OwnerRez Hosted Site, the ProConnect team will be glad to assist setting up the basics with you.
- Writing custom emails to be sent to your guests, like Welcome, Before Arrival, After Departure, etc. Once you provide us with the content, we'll be glad to configure those emails in OwnerRez.
- Setting up a domain name. You'll need to have your domain registered with any domain registrar, and we can provide you instructions to point it to our servers. You'll also want to consider having your domain name verified and adding an email affiliated with that domain. We can provide instructions on how to make that happen.
- Importing past booking information. We can help show you how to do that yourself, or under certain circumstances we can do it for an additional charge.
I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the ProConnect Service provide this for me?
No. OwnerRez does not offer live call-in support.
That said, with ProConnect Service you do have an assigned representative, and there is much more flexibility and availability for scheduling calls in advance when necessary. You absolutely can have a live screen share session with your representative if you like, you just have to arrange that appointment in advance.
Our ProConnect service is not necessarily the fastest way to get your account set up. We won't sit on our hands, and we make every effort to complete each project as quickly as possible, however, there are over 1,000 fields per account and it takes time to make sure they are configured correctly. Also, there are quite a few essential aspects of setup that are not under our control, most noticeably certain API connections and the payment processor configuration. These involve other separate companies and cannot always be sped up.
If you are in a hurry, the best way you can move things along is by promptly providing information as we ask you for it. Generally, you should expect the information you provide to be populated in your account within two work days.
This is not a service which remains available for months at a time. It is our goal to get your account up and running as quickly as possible. If you find you are not able to devote enough time, we can always get things started and then transfer your file to our Customer Service folks who can assist with any questions you may have.
I paid for ProConnect and it isn't fully set up yet, why am I being charged for the monthly service?
The ProConnect setup fee does not also include your monthly service fees, which are the same as for anyone else, as determined in the Pricing Calculator. Normally, you will receive the same free trial that anyone can have, but when the trial expires, your monthly billing will begin.
During the course of your ProConnect setup, you will benefit from our experience in setting up many other clients, and we may make various suggestions. That said, the ProConnect service is not a business consulting and advice service, except incidentally.
We can help you with the basic setup of an OwnerRez Hosted Website but...
- We are not a domain registrar - you will need to register a domain name with a domain registrar like GoDaddy or Name Cheap. We'll provide instructions to point your domain at our servers.
- We are not an email service provider - you should get an email address at your domain. Your domain registrar can usually provide this, or you can use a third party service like Google's G Suite.
- We can set up a Hosted Website for you, using our built-in system. There is no additional ProConnect charge for this, but there is a small increase in your monthly subscription fee. We can make minor changes to your Hosted Website, but customization of your Hosted Website is not included in the ProConnect service.
- We cannot set up a custom website for you, or provide extensive support to you or your web designer if you choose to design your own website and use our Widgets or WordPress plugin. There are simply too many possible ways to design websites, and that's just not what we do.
That's not the way the ProConnect service works - our ProConnect team uses many custom streamlined tools that are not available to regular users, even if you could, it wouldn't be as useful as you think. However, you absolutely can have a limited live screen share session with your representative if you like, you just have to arrange that appointment in advance - just don't expect it to be a live "set the whole thing up at one go" marathon.