ChargeAutomation is a FREE online check-in tool to collect Guest ID, selfie, document, custom questions, e-signature & personalized guest portal with guidebook.
1. Sign up or log in to ChargeAutomation.
2. Once logged in, you will be asked to connect your PMS. You may also be asked to enter in a Payment Gateway, which you do not need to do for this integration. Adding a payment gateway is only if you plan on using the ChargeAutomation upsell abilities which are separate from the OwnerRez integration. Click Select PMS and select OwnerRez from the dropdown menu.
3. Once you have selected OwnerRez, click the Connect to OwnerRez button.
4. An Authorization page will open and you must click Authorized ChargeAutomation.
5. You will then be directed back to ChargeAutomation and see OwnerRez is connected. Click Continue.
6. Click skip on the next page that talks about Auto Payments. Payments for bookings are handled via OwnerRez and this portion of the setup does not apply.
7. On the Online Check-in section, turn on all that you would like to set up and click Continue. If you hover over the information icon, you will be given an explanation for each selection.
Here is an example of what you might want to have turned on:
8. On the Activate Properties page turn on all properties you would like to use ChargeAutomation with and click Finish.
9. You may be prompted to connect a payment gateway, click skip.
10. You will then be taken to the Bookings screen. Click Import Existing Bookings to start the sync process.
11. A popup will ask if you want to apply auto payment settings to newly imported reservations. Select do not apply and click Import. You will then see a message letting you know that the import process has started.
You should see your bookings from OwnerRez inside ChargeAutomation in a few minutes and any new bookings or changes to current bookings will automatically sync.
NOTE: It is recommended that you add the following link to any messaging templates so your ChargeAutomation form can be sent to guests via OwnerRez messaging:
This link will open up the check-in form for a guest to fill out based on what you selected in Step 7.