Once you have your hosted website set up, you may want to offer more ways for potential guests or guests to contact you. Using the Facebook Chat Plugin is one way can help you generate bookings by supporting customers while they browse your website. With live chat, powered by Meta's Facebook Messenger, you can provide personalized assistance — and it’s free. If you have a Facebook Business page for your rental(s), you start by setting up the chat plugin right from there.
- Go to your Facebook page's Settings
- Click Messaging
- Under Add Messenger to your website, click Get Started
- Next to Set up your Chat Plugin, click Set up.
- Choose a setup method - for your OwnerRez hosted site, select Standard
- Select your language, add your website domain(s), and copy the code for pasting to your website.
Now it's time to add the code to your website:
- Follow the Add Chat Plugin to your website steps below based on your chosen website builder and paste the code on the page(s) you want the Chat Plugin to appear.
- Under Start the Conversation, you can add automated responses by creating a welcome message or by setting up FAQs.
- Under Customize Your Chat options, you can customize the color, alignment and expansion settings.
You’re now ready to live chat!