Our Channel Management feature is extremely powerful and can greatly simplify your channel advertising. Learn how it works by reading our Channel Management overview article. The most powerful part of our Channel Management is the API Integrations we have with certain channel partners like Houfy.
This article provides a list of common questions and answers for the Houfy API integration that are not covered elsewhere. This article assumes you have already connected the Houfy API to OwnerRez. If not, do that first.
- Adding a new listing to Houfy from OwnerRez
- I made changes in OwnerRez which didn't sync to Houfy, and Trigger Full Resync didn't fix it either.
- Surcharges (like cleaning fees) aren't transferring across correctly.
- Where are my House Rules?
- How do I add a Secondary Email in Houfy so inquiries come into my OwnerRez Account?
- Create the property in OwnerRez and make sure it is fully filled out with listing content (photos, amenities, rules, etc) and that it has rates. Read the Preparing to go API support doc where it talks about the tools to use for completeness.
- Modify your Houfy API integration in OwnerRez to include the new property in the Vrbo property mappings. Go to Settings > Channels > Houfy API > change property mappings. Enter the Houfy Listing Number in the appropriate field. Click the "Included" checkbox, and Save your change.
- Email Houfy tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to include your new property in your API connection.
I made changes in OwnerRez which didn't sync to Houfy, and Trigger Full Resync didn't fix it either.
There's a sync now button in your Houfy control panel called "Pull data" that will run an immediate pull -- try that.
Booking criteria (eg. number of nights) isn't supported by Houfy. If you are using this in a surcharge, it will be ignored or work unpredictably. Either do not use criteria of this type, or exclude Houfy from a surcharge that does.
OwnerRez does not currently pass House Rules to Houfy via the API integration. To add House Rules in your Houfy listing, you will need to log in to your Houfy account > select Manage Listings from the drop down menu at the top, right > in the display for the listing, choose Edit > in the menu on the left choose Settings > then Rules. Enter your rules in the space provided. Click Continue. Your House Rules will be saved.
To make sure your inquiries from Houfy guests are coming into your OwnerRez account, add a Secondary Email within your Houfy listing.
First, navigate in OwnerRez to the Inquiry Email page to find your OwnerRez inquiry emails: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/inquiries/instructions
Copy the unique email address for your entire account:
Log into your Houfy account. Select the drop down menu at the top, right and choose Privacy & Settings.
On the next screen choose "Verifications" from the menu on the left. Once on the Verifications page, find the Secondary Emails line add choose "Add" from the right side.
Paste your OwnerRez account email in the box. Click the button to "Verify & Save Email".
Go to the email mailbox where you receive communication from OwnerRez and look for the verification email from Houfy. Click on the link provided to verify your new Secondary Email. Once verified, this is what you should see in your Houfy account on the Verifications page: