Once you have your hosted website set up, it's time to get the word out and get people coming to your site. One way to do this is by sharing it on Facebook. The hosted website has settings so you can manage what photos are used when you share a link on Facebook.
There is a Facebook Share Image section under Settings > Hosted Website > pick your website > Change Settings button.
There is also a Facebook Share Image section on each website page which overrides the site level setting. So you can use your logo when sharing the site itself, but use the property photo when sharing a property page.
Updates and Caching
Facebook heavily caches content on their side, so when you change settings on the OwnerRez hosted website and then go to share, sometimes they'll use an out of date photo. To fix this, you can use the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool:
- Make sure you are logged in to Facebook.
- Open the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool in the same browser that you are logged into Facebook from, but in a different tab.
- Enter the link you're trying to share and click the Debug button
- If Time Scraped shows awhile ago, click the Scrape Again button
- Occasionally, the debugger will show an error "downloading og:image". If that happens, wait 30 seconds and click Scrape Again.
Once the tool has updated, you'll see the current image in the Link Preview area.