OwnerRez can automatically integrate codes for your Kaba/Oracode door locks. Each time a booking is created, OwnerRez will automatically obtain the door lock code without you lifting a finger! If the booking moves properties or changes dates, a new code is obtained so that the guest will always be sent a valid code for their stay.
OwnerRez allows for the setting of flexible additional 1 or 2-day "grace period days" in the event of early check-ins, late check-outs, or additional nights added.
If you want to use Kaba/Oracode door locks, all the details are below.
- Setting Up the Integration
- User Levels: Check In/Out Times, Long Term Bookings
- Code Generation and Capabilities
- Site ID and API Tokens
- Property Managers
Once the record is created, you will see a page showing the integration and a Property Mapping section. This is the section where you'll enter the Site ID and API Token provided to you by Kaba/Oracode for each of your properties.
Kaba does not support assigning check-in or check-out times directly. Instead, each code is associated with a "user level" which has a specified start/end time. You must first have the user level configured on the Kaba side, then come to OwnerRez and configure it. Once configured, OwnerRez will evaluate the booking check in/out times against the default property times and use the appropriate code.
Kaba only supports daily codes for bookings 30 days or less. For long term bookings, select the long term user level to be used for bookings longer than 31 days. Codes will start on alternate Mondays and end alternate Sundays.
Now that you have lock integration configured, let's look at your bookings and the code generation side.
Format: 6 digit codes are generated automatically by the lock based on stay dates
Setting Codes: Kaba does not support setting codes, only the auto generated code. Generating codes by guest phone number or random numbers are not supported.
Updating Dates: Kaba does not support modifying the dates for a given code. If you change the dates for a booking, a new code will be generated -- remember to send the updated code to the guest!
Canceling Codes: Kaba does not support canceling codes
Multiple Locks on one Booking: Each Kaba lock associated with the booking property will be programmed with its own unique code
Code Errors: Users will be able to view the last door code generated even if there is a subsequent error
Don't know your Site Id and API token? Most users can log in to Kaba/Oracode and find the API token and Site Id using these instructions.
Users can locate their Site ID in Kaba/Oracode, by navigating to Doors > Token Management.
Users should add the Site ID to their Kaba/Oracode Door Lock Integration page in OwnerRez.
In Kaba/Oracode, users should navigate to Doors > Token Management > Create a Token.
In the modal pop-up, users are required to add a name to the token and select OwnerRez from the Partner drop-down list. Click on Create to save it.
The new token will now appear in the list of tokens on that page.
Users can now Copy the API Token to their Kaba/Oracode Door Lock Integration page in OwnerRez. Users should be sure to link their door to this new token and test it.
Users can copy their token from Kaba/Oracode by navigating to Doors > Token Management, clicking on the three vertical dots and selecting Copy.
The API Token will automatically be copied onto the user's clipboard and add it to their Kaba/Oracode Door Lock Integration page in OwnerRez. Users are encouraged to test it as well.
Don't know your Site Name? Property Management Company Sites & Web User Logins do not have this feature. To get the connection set up, email Jim Fragos at email@example.com and Kaba/Oracode will provide your Site Name via email.
- Checkin/out times are not directly supported. Instead, Kaba has hardcoded "user level" values with a specific start/end time. You can only pick one for early/late/both instead of going by the actual time set on the booking.
- Long term bookings (> 31 days) use a special long-term user level that starts on alternate Mondays and ends alternate Sundays instead of using specific days. So the codes for a long term guest will change over the length of their stay.
- Daylight Savings Time (DST) is handled automatically by non-internet connected locks. The locks will automatically deduct 1 hour from Check-in / Check-out times during winter. Times are hard coded and cannot be changed via API calls or through your Kaba login, so make sure the user level you select is programmed correctly in the lock.
- Only 3 codes can be generated for a given date range. Receiving the error "HIGHEST_CODE_SEQ_REACHED" means that users have reached their limit of 3 codes that can be generated for a given date range. If bookings are made and canceled enough times, you'll run out of codes.
Codes will be automatically generated for new bookings. Users can manually generate codes for existing bookings for a single booking or update many bookings at once by using our batch update tool.https://www.kabaecodewireless.com and navigate to Doors > Access Group Management > Master_Door > DOOR ASSIGNMENT [ Bottom Right ] > Select Door Name from Assigned doors > Un Assign > Save.
To complete their de-integration, users should follow up by phone with Oracode Technical Support.