OwnerRez is a big system with many options and configurations that let you do things exactly the way you want them.
The best way to get set up initially is to do the minimum configuration possible to be able to send a quote to a guest, and then walk through that process. That will help you figure out exactly which settings you want as you go through checkout, and you can then enhance your setup from there.
We give you good defaults so the system will work out of the box, and you can then customize it from there with templates, branding and logos etc.
The recommended steps for setup are:
- Get a payment method set up so people can pay you. If you've got a credit card processor we support, you can add it right in. If not, we support 20 different gateways and also PayPal, so you've got some choices there. You can add a check method too if you want to accept them -- that's a good way to do testing, and you can always deactivate it later.
- Review the Rules section for each property, make sure everything is as you want it. Important things include payment amounts and days in advance, max adults, etc.
- Set up rates and seasons. If you don't have any in the system yet, the easiest may be to use the setup tool for that: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/setup/seasons -- if you've got a more complex structure than that, let us know and we'll guide you through setup.
- Set up taxes, surcharges, discounts in Settings (under the Rates section)
- Review damage protection insurance and see if you want to use that: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/damageprotection/start
- Go to the quotes section and create a test quote. Once you've got the above done, everything should be ready to start charging guests. See if it looks right, rates look right, etc.
- Set up calendar imports and exports for any listing sites you've got: https://www.ownerreservations.com/support/articles/calendar-sync
- If you don't have a website yet, set up a hosted website so people can see availability and book or send inquiries: https://www.ownerreservations.com/support/articles/hosted-websites
If you already have a website, create widgets and embed them in your site for availability, booking, etc.: https://www.ownerreservations.com/support/articles/widgets
That should get you going end to end.
Then there are some fine tuning things to build on the process:
- Review the default email templates: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/emailtemplates -- everything there with "no template" is using the default, which you can view and customize by clicking "Create Template"
- Create triggered emails to automate your process: https://www.ownerreservations.com/support/articles/pre-arrival-email-templates-triggers-custom-fields
- Customize your renter agreement in Settings > Legal Agreements: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/agreements. We give you a default, but you probably want to adapt that to your scenario or replace it if you've got an agreement you like. You can start with the default by creating a new one and picking Prefill From > Default System Agreement.
- Set up headers and footers in the Theming section: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/settings/theming
- If you have compatible smart locks (eRentalLock, ResortLock, RemoteLock), you can hook those accounts to auto-generate: https://www.ownerreservations.com/support/articles/integration-door-locks
Got questions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- Getting Started
- Recommended Reading
- Page-Specific Help