- Is it similar or identical to a property you already have in OwnerRez? If so, you can go into that other property and use the Duplicate tool on the left-side menu to copy the property you've already got to a new property and get a head start.
Don't forget to check the checkbox to "include listing data" in order to get everything.
- Does the property already have an active listing on Airbnb or Vrbo? You can import the amenities, descriptions, photos, etc. with our import tool. Here's a video about Importing Listing Details From Airbnb & Vrbo.
- If it's completely new, just go to the Properties section in OwnerRez and add a new property there.
Once you've got the base property set up, the next step is to fill out all of the additional info:
- Name/Phone/URL on the General Info tab of the property
- The Rules tab of the property with payment rules, property size, availability rules, etc
- The Location tab of the property with the address and latitude/longitude, as well as location details to help guests find your listing, local attractions, nearby places
- Nightly Rates and Seasons. If you've got rates already on Airbnb or Vrbo, you can import them using our Spot Rate import tool.
If not, configure any seasons/seasonal default rates you want to use, and/or configure calendar rates.
- Add any surcharges & discounts you need, or if you've already got them set up for other properties, make sure they apply to this one.
- Configure taxes to include the property. If you already have taxes set up for other properties you may be able to add this property to your existing configuration.
- Set up the calendar. If it's completely open, there's nothing you need to do. If there are blocks or bookings you need to pull in, you may need to do one or more of the following depending on the data source:
- If they are on a channel you have access to, you can map the property on that channel and the bookings will be merged in during the setup process.
- If the bookings are on somebody else's channel (like if you bought a property and are moving it to your account), you can set up iCal imports or do a one time calendar import (if it doesn't need to be recurring). You can also ask them to use Channel Bridge to download the details from their account and send the file to you so you can import it into your OwnerRez account.
- If you've got other direct bookings or blocks, you can Import them from Excel if you've got a lot. Or just go and manually create bookings and blocks directly if there are just a few to do.
- If this property is related to another where it needs to be blocked when another is booked, configure the mutual blocking settings to enforce that relationship.
- Upload your photos. If you've already imported from the channel you may not need to do this step, but also keep in mind that channels tend to use lower quality photos -- you may want to upload your own higher quality photos.
- Write your descriptions on the Descriptions tab of the property.
- Populate Amenities on the Amenities tab, and also mark the suitability and expectations for your listing there.
- Configure the Rooms & Accommodations tab to include your beds and baths and other details about staying at your property.
The bed count contributes to the Sleeps (max) number.
- King = Sleep 2
- Queen = Sleep 2
- Double = Sleep 2
- Twin = Sleep 1
- Crib = Sleep 0
- Bunk Bed = Sleep 2
- Toddler = Sleep 0
- Couch = Sleep 1
- Hammock = Sleep 1
- Sleeper Sofa/Futon = Sleep 2
- Cot/Murphy = Sleep 1
- Air Mattress = Sleep 1
- Floor Mattress = Sleep 1
- Water Bed = Sleep 1
- Make sure you've got a renter agreement set up to cover the property
- Make sure your payment methods apply to the property
Once that's all done, you're ready to review and test!
- First go to Tools > Listing Quality Analyzer. LQA is an automated tool that will look through general recommendations and specific per channel requirements and tell you if anything needs to be fixed. Check out this video about how Listing Quality Analyzer works.
- Review the calendar and rates in Settings > Rates.
- Run off a few tests in Tools > Direct Rate Tester to see if the quotes look good.
- Extra credit: run a direct quote with yourself as the guest, change the charges to $1, and run it through to a booking
Now that everything is set up in OwnerRez, next step is to add it to any API integrated channels you have:
- Airbnb and TripAdvisor
- Go to the channel in Settings > API Integrations and use the Change Property Mapping button to map the property and enable the sync. You can map to an existing listing if there is one, or choose the "Create New Listing" option to create a new one.
- Wait a few minutes for the initial sync to go through. Your listing isn't live yet, just pushed to the channel in an unpublished state.
- Once the sync is complete, go over to the channel site and review to make sure everything looks good. Make any needed changes.
- Go back to the channel in Settings > API Integrations and use the Activate Listings button to publish and activate the listing.
- Open a new incognito or private mode browser and go look at the guest view of the listing -- make sure the descriptions, photos, amenities all look right, do a couple of quotes and look at the numbers, calendar, etc.
- Go to the channel in Settings > API Integrations and use the Change Property Mapping button to include the new property in the feed.
- Wait 24-48 hours for the property to feed across to Vrbo. It's not a push integration like Air/TA so you have to wait for this step. If you're still in the integration phase with Vrbo, you can contact your integration specialist and have them doing an immediate pull.
- Log in to Vrbo and find your new property on the "Incomplete Listings" tab. Do a subscription there, pay the listing fee, and finish. Your new property should now be visible on Vrbo, and syncing with OwnerRez via the API like your other properties.
- Booking.com: there isn't currently a way to push content from OwnerRez to Booking.com. So go to Booking.com and create the listing over there. Once the listing has been created on Booking.com, follow the Connect OwnerRez to Booking.com instructions to link the two.