OwnerRez has partnered with TripAdvisor to provide an integrated API connection between the two systems. This allows OwnerRez users to more easily handle their listings and bookings.
- The TripAdvisor API fully supports listings on TripAdvisor.
- TripAdvisor permits usage of the API connection only for owners with at least 5 properties listed. If you do not have that many, the API connection will not be approved. You must use Channel Bridge and Calendar Sync instead.
- Once the TripAdvisor API has been activated for a property, all future bookings will be handled using the API. However, and pre-existing bookings which were placed prior to activation of the API will not be handled by the API. You must continue to sync them using Channel Bridge and Calendar Sync until the last one has come and gone. At that point, the API will be the only connection you need thereafter.
- Run the Tools > Listing Quality Analyzer tool and fix any errors found. There are also info and warning items for improvement, but there should be no remaining errors to proceed with the integration.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your account to be converted to PM mode and connected with OwnerRez. No further configuration can take place until this has been approved and implemented for your account by TripAdvisor.
- Under Settings > Channel Connections > Connect a Channel, select Connect TripAdvisor API.
- Enter the TripAdvisor Account ID they give you on the channel settings (if you haven't already).
- Connect and activate listings on the Property Settings tab.