We offer a premium service called Concierge Setup where we help you set up your new OwnerRez account and configure numerous features and settings.
This article provides a list of common questions and answers for the Concierge Setup service that are not covered elsewhere. If you have not read the other support articles about Concierge Setup, please do that first.
- I have X properties now, but I'm hoping to buy another one soon, do I have to pay more?
- I have a notebook with all my old guests going back years, can you get that data into OwnerRez?
- I have a property manager, should I tell them I'm switching over to your service?
- So I just send you over some data and you do everything for me?
- I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the Concierge Service provide this for me?
- I need my account set up ASAP!
- I paid for Concierge and it isn't fully set up yet, why am I being charged for the monthly service?
- I want consulting on how to set up my vacation rental business.
- I want you to set up my website for me.
No, you pay for the properties that we are going to set up for you - the ones you have now and during the time of the Concierge work. You can add more properties later on down the road without incurring additional Concierge fees - unless you want us to set those properties up too, in which case you can make an additional payment and we'll do that for you. Extra properties will change your monthly service bill, of course.
The Concierge service includes assisting with importing of future bookings, and relatively recent past ones, from electronic data provided to us. We don't retype handwritten notes, or import data older than a year.
However, OwnerRez includes a wide variety of tools to import data, and we can advise you in formatting your old data such that it can be imported into OwnerRez. Depending on the nature of the data, we may be able to do it for you for an additional charge. Rule of thumb: if you have past data of any kind in any format, there is always a way to get it usefully into OwnerRez.
Eventually, yes - but don't give them notification without discussing it with us first. We need to make sure we can get the data we need to set up your new account, and sometimes property managers are very quick at shutting things off.
No, our Concierge Setup service is necessarily very collaborative - we cannot know your business as well as you do, so we'll need your active input and help. There are also quite a few things that we literally cannot do for you, though we'll help you do them and show you what needs to be done:
- Connecting OwnerRez to your listing channel accounts - because you own those accounts, not us, you have to authorize the connection. We can't do it even with your credentials.
- Setting up a credit card payment processor merchant account. This is basically banking, and the processor company has to speak directly with you, it's the law.
- Configuring your own custom website that isn't one of our Hosted Sites. If you are using an OwnerRez Hosted Site, the Concierge service will be glad to set that up for you.
- Writing custom emails to be sent to your guests, like Welcome, Before Arrival, After Departure, etc. We'll be glad to configure those emails in OwnerRez, but you have to send us what you want to be said.
- Setting up a domain name. You'll need to have your domain registered with any domain registrar, and we can provide them instructions to point it to our servers. (You'll also want to consider adding an email affiliated with your domain name and having it verified. We can provide instructions on how to make that happen.)
- Configuring email accounts - this is not a service OwnerRez provides.
- Importing past booking information. We can help show you how to do that yourself, or under certain circumstances we can do it for an additional charge.
I want to have someone I can call at any time with questions, will the Concierge Service provide this for me?
No. OwnerRez does not offer live call-in support.
That said, with Concierge Service you do have an assigned representative, and there is much more flexibility and availability for scheduling calls in advance when necessary. You absolutely can have a live screenshare session with your representative if you like, you just have to arrange that appointment in advance.
Our Concierge Setup service is not necessarily the fastest way to get your account set up, as we have many clients we are working with at any given time. We won't sit on our hands, and we make every effort to complete each project as quickly as possible, but the service does not provide a dedicated agent working "just for you" until completion. Also, there are quite a few essential aspects of setup that are not under our control, most noticeably certain API connections and payment processor configuration. These involve other separate companies and cannot always be sped up.
If you are in a hurry, the best way you can move things along is by promptly providing information as we ask you for it. Generally, you should expect the information you provide to be populated in your account within a working day or two.
Under the best possible circumstances, with no external delays and a client who responds immediately with the right information, it is possible to have a complete Concierge Setup done in less than a week - we've done it. This is highly unusual - expect at least a month.
The Concierge Setup fee does not also include your monthly service fees, which are the same as for anyone else, as determined in the Pricing Calculator. Normally, you will receive the same free trial that anyone can have, but when the trial expires, your monthly billing will begin.
During the course of your Concierge setup, you will benefit from our experience in setting up many other clients, so you'll likely encounter various suggestions and best-practices. That said, the Concierge service is not a business consulting and advice service, except incidentally.
We can do this, but...
- We are not a domain registrar - you will need to register a domain name with a domain registrar like GoDaddy or Name Cheap. We'll provide instructions to point your domain at our servers.
- We are not an email service provider - you should get an email address at your domain. Your domain registrar can usually provide this, or you can use a third party service like Google's G Suite.
- We can set up a Hosted Website for you, using our built-in system. There is no additional Concierge charge for this, but there is a small increase in your monthly subscription fee. We can make minor changes to your Hosted Website, but a total customization of your Hosted Website is not included in the Concierge service.
- We cannot set up a custom website for you, or provide extensive support to your or your web designer if you choose to design your own website and use our Widgets in it. There are simply too many possible ways to design websites, and that's just not what we do.