OwnerRez has partnered with HomeAway to provide an integrated API connection between the two systems. This allows OwnerRez users to more easily handle their listings and bookings with HomeAway brands, including HomeAway, VRBO, and CanadaStays.
- The HomeAway API fully supports listings on HomeAway and VRBO. It also supports calendar and booking syncing with CanadaStays, but not the ability to update listing information and rates. The separate CanadaStays API is more suitable for this purpose.
- Upon request, the HomeAway integration specialists can configure your connection to use the payment processor you have set up in OwnerRez, instead of letting HomeAway handle the payment processing which is the default (using Yapstone). In this case, the guest's credit card shows charges from you, and a separate charge from HomeAway for their booking fee.
- Due to the contractual agreement between OwnerRez and HomeAway, we are not permitted to publicly post detailed instructions for configuring the API integration. These instructions may be obtained by any interested OwnerRez users by contacting us.
- Note that, for bookings recorded in OwnerRez via the HomeAway API, OwnerRez is the source of truth. HomeAway sometimes can erroneously show bookings as still pending - this is incorrect and can be ignored.
- HomeAway permits usage of the API connection only for owners with at least 5 properties listed. If you do not have that many, the API connection will not be approved. You must use Channel Bridge and Calendar Sync instead.
- If you choose to have your HomeAway API connection configured to use the payment processor you have set up in OwnerRez, instead of letting HomeAway handle the payment processing which is the default (using Yapstone), then you will become fully responsible for collecting and remitting all taxes payable. OwnerRez can be configured to calculate and collect the taxes due for each booking, but you must make your own arrangements with the applicable tax jurisdictions and authorities for remitting the taxes to them in accordance with applicable laws.
- Once the HomeAway API has been activated for a property, all future bookings will be handled using the API. However, and pre-existing bookings which were placed prior to activation of the API will not be handled by the API. You must continue to sync them using Channel Bridge and Calendar Sync until the last one has come and gone. At that point, the API will be the only connection you need thereafter.