Calendar Import updates your OwnerRez calendar with bookings created in a listing site or channel. On import, this will create a blocked-off time or booking in OwnerRez, depending upon the amount of information available in the iCal feed from the listing site.
To create a calendar import, go to a property page (under Properties) and go to the Calendar section for the property. On the Calendar Import tab, click Import Calendar to add a new calendar import, and enter the Calendar Export URL from the listing site:
When you create the import for the first time, it'll do an initial pull of items from the calendar, then automatically update every hour. You can view the last status in the log under the calendar import.
If you have combination properties where you want to block off one when the other is booked, use Mutual Blocking.
Currently, Airbnb, VRBO, and TripAdvisor all provide enough information in their iCal feeds for us to create bookings. If you want bookings with guest info and charges from other sites, you'll need to add that information by hand. For other feeds, go into the blocked off time and use the new "Convert to Booking" button to convert the block off to a booking.
You can also import listing content to populate hosted websites and other channels.
How to find the Calendar Export URL in various listing sites:
HomeAway (and related sites like VRBO)
- Log in and go to the Calendars menu in the left sidebar and select Reservations
- At the top right, use the property selector to select the property you want to work on
- Once the calendar loads for the correct property, click the up/down arrow button and select the "Export Calendar" option
- In the resulting window that opens, deselect the "Include Tentative" checkbox option. You do not want Tentative reservations being included. Then select the entire URL and paste it into the OwnerRez Import Calendar URL box.
- Log in and go to your hosting area then click the top Listings menu
- In the list of properties, click the "..." menu on the far right (under the Gear column) and select the "Go to calendar" option
- Click the "Availability Settings" link on top right of the calendar display
- Scroll down to the Sync calendars section and click the "Export Calendar" link
- In the resulting window that opens, copy the URL and paste it into the OwnerRez Import Calendar URL box.
- Log in and go to your manage listings screen.
- Click View > Calendar for the property.
- Click Calendar Options > Export:
- In the resulting dialog, copy the the iCal URL and paste it into the OwnerRez Import Calendar URL box.