JTVRs said:Cpc/commission (tripconnect) and sponsored placements are totally different from FlipKey and TA's other VR sites. They direct visitors directly to your website, as opposed to being handled my FlipKey or their other vacation rental sites
In other words, the web traffic are your direct customers and not handled by TAs vacation rental sites.
Night and day
Multiple bed and breakfast owners are very sold on tripconnect as a cheap source of direct bookings
OK, I am trying to do VRBO connection.
I am a little baffled about ?the minimum? I need to do on VRBO to port over from OwnerRez.
1) I created an Owner VRBO account. They sent me an email to "Finish Your Listing" yada yada
2) I see the VRBO channel connection on OR: https://secure.ownerreservations.com/settings/channels/edit?listingSiteType=HomeAway
3) Not really sure the minimum I have to do next to bring my OR listings over. Do I have to create an (empty) listing for each property I have on OR and then sprinkle pixie dust? Or do I need to do something more elaborate?
Same question for TripAdvisor
1) I registered that I have 5+ properties (vs. 1-4 option) now via Flipkey. [ tripadvisor.com/RentalInsights/get-started ]
2) They said automated email would be sent
3) For this one, all my properties display on the TA channel connection at https://secure.ownerreservations.com/settings/channels/edit?listingSiteType=TripAdvisor
4) But there is no Action except Preview Rates there, so I imagine once Tripadvisor contacts me, I will create listings for all mine on TA and there will be an Action connect to wire in the TA generated listing numbers?
Again, both questions above are focused on what (mind is mum) needs to be done on the listing site so that owner reservation can port all information properly
Here's the main activation support document for the HomeAway API and connecting it:
After you add the HomeAway API channel in OwnerRez, there is a Instructions tab that gives you step by step directions for where to go and who to talk to. HomeAway will assign you a integration specialist who will confirm the connection and validate things. They will provide the wiring on their side (whether to existing listings or new ones).
We highly recommend running Tools > Listing Quality Analyzer in OwnerRez which will give you a list of things, across your properties, that should be fixed or enhanced. It is highly helpful when setting up API for HomeAway or TripAdvisor.
The process is similar for TripAdvisor. Send an email to email@example.com and say "I want to use OwnerRez as my channel manager". They will contact you back, confirm a few things, then tell you what you need to do.
I did the TripAdvisor thing three days ago. They said they would contact me shortly, but never did.
Yep, sometimes they don't get back the first time. Follow up and they will.
Do I need to have my merchant account set up before doing integration with HA? This thread is AWESOME.