The feature is already a money maker, but can also take more time than needed. Would be great to configure a discount for these nights, like 20%, and have more of the work done for us automatically.
Send to guest with click link to accept our offer, then a process to authorize change of dates and auto-price.
Wishful thinking, but it can be done.
This sounds like a good idea but is there a typo in the Topic title? Can you please provide a little more info of the scope requested? Would it automatically create a quote and email it out? Would it use the triggers engine to define what triggers it and when? I think it would need a configuration page for defining what the % discount would be so maybe the triggers are defined there. Would it need to check if there are any open quotes for the date. I think someone that has practice doing this needs to scope out all the rules so there is a concrete ask
Yeah - embarrassed .
Now, OR automates the sending of a message. If there could be a way to be able to quickly turn it into a "quote" that could be accepted and paid.
Assuming we have a place to set a normal discount% for the offer. Perhaps an option to require a new renter agreement or even perhaps an addendum.
1) Send message asking for interest in the date(s)
2) Guest responds affirmative.
3) Host creates quote, prefilled with dates and discounted costs (using current rate for that channel and showing % as the discounted price). Of course, option to edit.
4) Quote goes to guest and has an ACCEPT similar to a regular quote.
5) Link brings them into OR for payment (with option to change current payment type)
6) Change is made and payment processed.
This isn't perfect as there are probably some security needs around the payment authorization. But all the pieces already exist elsewhere in OR.
Right now, the workflow takes more time/effort than the original booking. But for us has generated over $10K YTD alone. About 90% of this income mostly goes direct to bottom line since almost all costs in the original booking.
Open areas that need more research are:
- Will AirBNB take a change request over the API (I don't think they will currently)
- Is this more important than items already on the 2023 roadmap?
- How many hosts use, or would use, this feature?
Would you mind sharing your workflow as you use it today? I have been wanting to implement something similar, but have not put all the pieces together yet to get it done.
@Chuck, I think your suggestion has great value. Pricelabs has a related feature that let's you define how many days you consider a stranded/stub period and automatically offers a discount on those days. Your suggestion (if I understand it) it to offer an extra day when there is a free day or two in between bookings. If this could be automated in OR based on rules I do agree it would be an Revenue booster. I'm going to try this manually
@OR, even if you created a way to generate quotes for changes to reservations that the customer could accept and charge to card on filer (or push to AirBnB) if accepted it would be great.