Experience the difference of "Elite".

Are you ready for some BIG updates?

• Posted on
  • By

Hi everyone!  Happy weekend!

I wanted to take a few minutes to mention several really big things coming to OwnerRez.  Here's a really quick taste just to get you salivating!

Property Management

Oh yes.  Just what you think it is.  Want to use your excellent OwnerRez-backed booking process to help your friends and colleagues manage their properties?  Soon you can.  From tracking expenses to assigning commission to creating owner statements, property management is coming and it's awesome.  First beta will be out in a few days, and we'll have more on that.

Accidental Damage Protection

We are in the final stages of finishing damage protection.  Damage protection is just what it sounds like - an insurance policy that covers accidental guest damage which is purchased and applied to every booking automatically.  You and the guest don't even need to do anything - it just happens in the background!

Hosted Sites

This project has been on the back burner for awhile, and we're going to be pushing out a first beta fairly soon.  Basically, this is a feature that lets you host a website right from your OwnerRez account.  Your property photos, amenities, rates, etc?  Your OwnerRez website will use them directly so that you only need to change that information in one place.

Call Center

This is a super cool feature we've also been working on in the background for awhile.  The first beta is already out in limited release with a few beta users.  It will be released for everyone soon.  Call Center is the ability for you to buy and use a phone number directly from OwnerRez to talk to guests.  The possibilities here are really endless.  At the moment, you can buy and provision a phone number, set some voicemail and forwarding settings and use the Dialer screen to make/receive calls through your computer.  Tying this to guest information and inquiry logging will evolve over time.

Inquiry Conversation Overhaul

The inquiry answering/quoting process in OwnerRez is awkward and has been for awhile.  Not only do you have to click around to much to send an answer, but there's no way track the back-and-forth conversation you have as the guest and you respond over time.  We are going through a very large overhaul of the entire inquiry process to greatly simplify the process and centralize messaging.

I'll just leave this picture right here for anyone who's curious...  (click on it for a bigger view)

View larger version

When?  WHEN can I have these things?

As with food, good software takes times to make.  These things won't be out overnight, but they are coming very very soon and some of them are already out in limited released to some users as I write this.  If you have early thoughts, please comment or send us an email!

6 Comments (add yours)

cp9293
May 22, 2016 7:58 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Keep up the great work, Sam and crew! Look forward to seeing these updates. Unlike when HomeAway makes changes. I cringe!

Floridaloha
May 24, 2016 2:50 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

Oh Boy! Great ideas. I hope the damage protection insurance thing is optional, though.

Can't wait for everything to roll out. Great job, you guys.

Sam Westcott
May 24, 2016 2:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Yes, Nancy, it's optional. Our features are always optional. We don't force stuff on users - not our style!

Floridaloha
May 24, 2016 3:29 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

You guys rock!

Ella
Jun 8, 2016 9:49 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Waiting for updates :) all this sounds exciting!

Susan H
Jun 28, 2016 6:39 PM
Joined Feb, 2016 20 posts

Great news! Cant wait for the hosted website. Let me know if you want a beta tester!