iCal Setup (for OR admin/owner)
- in Owner Reservation, go to Properties, then pick a property and click on Calendar Export
- click 'Add Custom iCal Link' and check these two fields
[ ] Show the property name and location on each event
[ ] Show the booking summary on each event
- click 'Create iCal Link'
Here's the email I sent to the cleaner
Hi Cleaning Person,
You'll need these two iCal links for the units you clean for us:
[OwnerRez iCal link for Property A]
[OwnerRez iCal link for Property B]
Instructions for an iPhone
- copy one of the links
- go to Settings, Passwords & Accounts, Add Account, Other, Add Subscribed Calendar, then paste the link into the Server field
- Once you do this you should be able to go to your apple calendar, hit the Calendars button at the bottom center and you should see the link in the SUBSCRIBED section (will say something like OwnerRez Unit A)
- repeat for the 2nd link
These links will work in a google calendar or other calendars since iCal is a standard way for these things to work.
WARNING - when I tried the steps above on my wife's iphone the pasting didn't work. So I had to send the email with the links to my own cell phone, copy them from my email and text them to her. But that shouldn't happen to you, it was probably due to security settings on her phone due to her company security settings.
USING the Calendar - I think you'll find it mostly self-explanatory, but here's some things to note
- you can adjust the color of the entries. On my wife's iphone they defaulted to blue and purple
- when looking at a full month all you see are grey dots (not very interesting)
- but you can hit the list icon (upper right) to show less calendar but details about the daily events
- when looking at a list of events for a given day, you'll notice
- arrivals: checkin times start in the afternoon, usually 4pm unless I adjust it (like I did for a recent guest)
- departures: checkout times are typically 10am unless I adjust it
- in between days are listed as "all-day" events
At first I found it a little confusing, but it got easier when I was able to add in the unit name and when I realized that the checkin/checkout times help you recognize arrival/departures.
Thanks for the advice on iPhone, Rich! Helpful!