Experience the difference of "Elite".

Orphaned Customers in QuickBooks Online

Dori123
Feb 1, 2021 3:09 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

I use Channel Bridge with VRBO. When I get a new booking, an entry is made to OR to block my calendar. The entry uses only the first name of the customer. This syncs with my QuickBooks and creates a customer there with only a first name.

Later, back in OR, I download/upload the booking via Channel Bridge and the customer information gets filled in. This also syncs with my Quickbooks but instead of adding to the customer that was created already, it creates a new customer.

So I have a bunch of orphaned first-name-only customers in QB. Any way to avoid this?

TIA

Paul W
Feb 1, 2021 9:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 820 posts

Hi Dori,

Not really, no. 😟 I understand your process, and it makes sense that this would be creating new customer records in QB. By default, our system does not delete old customer records because we don't want to possibly delete a customer record that was used elsewhere. However, we could do some additional checking and add some cleanup. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dori123
Feb 1, 2021 9:56 PM

It would be fine to either merge the customers in QB if they have the same information, or at the very least, allow me to initiate the sync between OR and QB. That way, I can wait until the customer info is fully filled out (ie after the Channel Bridge update) before sending it to QB to create a new customer.

Thanks

Dori123
Nov 29, 2021 2:26 PM

Any progress on this? Seems like a quick fix: If all customer information is equal (address, phone, email, even invoice number), then the FIRST NAME Customer shall be merged with the FIRST NAME, LAST NAME Customer.
Please consider doing this. It takes me an awful long time to merge these orphaned customers!!!

Paul W
Nov 30, 2021 5:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 820 posts

Thanks for the nudge. I'll add this to an upcoming meeting to discuss internally.