Do you love writing? Better yet, do you love writing about software? If so, look no further! OwnerRez needs someone to document all the new updates we are constantly pushing out. Oh, by the way - you can live anywhere, and we have great benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
Doc Writers are required to write support documentation and product update posts to ensure all the exciting new features/updates are well documented. You will need to write documents in a timely manner so that when the updates are ready to go live, there is an accompanying support doc that explains the update in terms that anyone can understand. Collaboration with Testers, Devs, and the Marketing team will be required to ensure content is accurate and published promptly.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience doing technical writing and doc writing within the IT industry
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Strong writing and grammar skills, ability to conform to strict writing conventions and standards
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience creating and updating GitHub issues
- Experience with OwnerRez or property rental systems is preferred but not required. Applicants will receive training as necessary.
- Applicants must be courteous, friendly, and professional.
- A high-speed Internet connection and a quiet, private place to work are required.
Experience the difference of “Elite”. OwnerRez is internationally recognized as a leader in the vacation rental industry for channel management, CRM, PM, accounting, messaging and websites. Integrate with channels like Vrbo, Airbnb, and Booking.com to seamlessly sync availability, rates, rules and listing content. Get your own modern fast website, process payments directly, managing inquiries, communication and guest checkout with e-sign renter agreements.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
Shawn Harwell, Product Owner