Do you enjoy testing software before it goes live? If so, look no further! OwnerRez needs someone to run through our frequent updates and provide in-depth feedback to ensure when the updates go out to the public, there are no bugs, and it functions correctly. Oh, by the way - you can live anywhere, and we have great benefits.
Testing, Testing, and more TESTING! Our engineers are constantly updating the system so much that our testers can't keep up with testing or documenting the changes. That's where you'll come in!
OwnerRez is seeking a Software Test Engineer that has experience working with software teams to test new features, look for regression, document bugs, and create and manage automated test scripts. Experience with automated testing is not a hard requirement - we mostly do manual testing - but if you have experience with automated testing, you might move to the front of the line.
Responsibilities and Duties
Testers are responsible for combing through the updates that the engineering team pushes out to ensure there are no bugs in a timely manner. You will be required to fluently document issues that are found and discuss feedback with developers. You will be part of the engineering team and report to Shawn, the product owner, and be part of daily testing meetings. Your testing responsibilities will mostly be manual, but we will be adding automated testing as well which you will need to be familiar with.
- Work remotely (ie. 100% from home) but work closely with the OwnerRez development team to test and validate OwnerRez apps, features, and concepts as a member of our development team
- Execute manual testing to validate feature, enhancement, and bug development
- Execute regression testing, both manually and automated (eg. Selenium, Katalon)
- Work with developers to ensure a quality product is delivered
- Report and document bugs and errors to developers
- Report and document inconsistencies to developers about user experience and UI
- Perform exploratory testing to try and break things
- Minimum of 5+ years of information technology industry experience
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience analyzing and testing based on requirements as well as developing ad hoc test plans to validate existing behaviors
- Experience working in multiple development environments (test, stage, production, etc.)
- Experience creating and updating GitHub issues
- Experience (desired) creating and updating test scripts using automation (eg. Selenium, Katalon)
- Experience (desired) with OwnerRez or property rental systems is preferred but not required. Applicants will receive training as necessary.
Experience the difference of “Elite”. OwnerRez is internationally recognized as a leader in the vacation rental industry for channel management, CRM, PM, accounting, messaging and websites. Integrate with channels like Vrbo, Airbnb, and Booking.com to seamlessly sync availability, rates, rules and listing content. Get your own modern fast website, process payments directly, managing inquiries, communication and guest checkout with e-sign renter agreements.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
Shawn Harwell, Product Owner