Connecting a Stripe account takes a few separate steps -- first you must allow direct card processing on your Stripe account, then link OwnerRez to your Stripe account, and finally create a Live Secret Key in Stripe and paste it in to the OwnerRez configuration. This guide will walk you through step by step.
Here are the details:
- If you haven't already, make sure you've got the direct processing option set on your Stripe account.
- Go to Settings > Payment Methods in OwnerRez and click to connect your Stripe account
- The connection process will take you to Stripe to authorize OwnerRez to access your account. There may be several login and confirmation steps and then you'll finally get to a connection screen. Accept the connection and you'll be sent back to OwnerRez to complete setup.
- Open a new browser tab and go to your Stripe dashboard. Copy the Live Secret Key from there (you'll need this in step 5):
Make sure you're in Live mode (not test mode) -- the value you're looking for should start with sk_live_
If you're not able to copy the account level secret key in Stripe because it's already been used, that's fine -- just create another one for OwnerRez and use that value.
- Paste the Live Secret Key from step 4 in the Stripe account settings in OwnerRez. Make sure that the accept card types are configured correctly, statement text is correct, and the account is configured to be used on the correct properties.
Then save the account.