A website is a great way of establishing your own brand and building a strong repeat-guest list as you grow from small owner to PM and beyond. Our Hosted Website feature is built directly into OwnerRez is easy to use and works with the property, listing, rate and rule data you've already entered in your account.
Once you've got your website ready to go, you'll want to make sure it's running on your own custom domain name.
This video is an alternative to the Going Live video for GoDaddy clients. This video will show you how to set DNS records on Google Domains for those clients that use Google Domains to manage their domain name.
1. Login to Google Domains, then click Manage next to the domain you would like to point towards OwnerRez.
2. Next select DNS from the left sidebar.
3. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page to custom resource records.
- Create (or set if there is one already) an A type record with a name of @ pointing to our IP address of 188.8.131.52
- Create (or set if there is one already) a CNAME type record with a name of www pointing to hosted.ownerrez.com
- If there are any AAAA type records with a name of @, delete them. This is rare.
You can ensure that you have set your DNS settings correctly by going to Settings > Hosted Websites, then click Check DNS.
Wait at least an hour after making changes before testing - it can take some time for DNS changes to propagate across the Internet.
If you have set your DNS setting correctly, you will see this. If you do not see this, then you should double check what you set in your domain registrar.