Responsibilities and Duties
We’re a small, agileish team -- we follow no specific methodology, but focus on short iterations and continuous improvement. As a virtual company, all OwnerRez employees work from home, which can be anywhere with a reliable Internet connection and good working environment.
As a senior dev, you will be responsible for designing and developing features end to end -- from web UI to backend business logic, services, and the database. We practice devops and use AWS, so experience there is nice but not necessary.
Design and develop new features and integrations
Maintain and improve existing code
Respond to escalated support tickets from clients.
Attend company meetings online.
Maintain frequent contact with management and colleagues using online productivity tools.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Occasional travel opportunities may be available but will not be required.
Microsoft Stack: C#, ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
Database Technologies: MySQL, Redis
Applicants must be courteous, friendly and professional, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
A high-speed Internet connection and quiet, private place to work is required.
Nice To Have
eCommerce (Stripe, Authorize.net etc.)
Email sending and API’s
QuickBooks Online API/Xero API
Experience with OwnerRez or property rental systems is preferred but not required.
(Applicants will receive training as necessary.)
Will I fit in well? Yes, if…
- You’re highly skilled in software development and can first put on your analyst hat and scope the problem, come up with a solution, and then write the code to implement it. You know what a Fizz...Buzz… is and you could code it in your sleep. We’re looking for 10 years of programming experience in general, and 5 year of experience in the technologies we use.
- You obsess over details and think through the implications of code you write -- does it accomplish the job now but also will it be maintainable later, will 2 years from now you be able to figure out what you did previously, and will it continue to perform as we grow and experience more users and more data.
- You know what the N+1 queries problem is and how to rethink a problem to avoid it. You know the difference between a list and a dictionary and which option will perform best for a particular scenario. You know normalization, denormalization, and how to optimize a slow query. We’re not going to ask you to code a bubble sort or a linked list, but you should know how and why to pick the data structure and algorithm suited to the task at hand.
- You have a working knowledge of web technologies from a low level to a high level. You don’t need to know every last bit and byte of an encoding scheme, but you should be able to describe what happens when a browser makes a request and the different protocols and formats used.
- You love solving problems. Whether it be debugging that arcane edge case bug that only happens when two unrelated areas intersect, hooking up a profiler and tracking down that runaway loop, or diagnosing a rare timeout, you know what tools to use and how to eliminate the possibilities until you find the source of a problem.
- You love to write. The primary mode of interaction with colleagues is via written communication -- issues and tickets, requirements, and designs. We expect self documenting code and believe that properly named and structured classes, methods, and variables can avoid a lot of comments. We also write high level process documentation to tie everything together and help the team work cohesively in all areas of the code, rather than dividing it up into assigned areas.
- You love doing things efficiently. The whole purpose of OwnerRez is to have a massive efficiency impact on our clients’ businesses, and we want our internal operations to be the same. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. If something is manual and repetitive, something needs to be done to change that, which means communication is essential.
- You love to set your own course. At OwnerRez, we keep meetings to a minimum because we need to spend our time making things happen. Most of the time, you get to make things happen yourself without someone saying so.
We’re a developer founded and led company who strives for a quality product and realizes that many problems can be solved with the application of software in the right place.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Fully paid health benefits
- Vacation - hip and trendy “no specific policy - take what you need, within reason, and communicate as far in advance as possible”
- 100% telework-from-home
- Travel rare if ever, may do annual get-togethers
How To Apply
http://testing.ownerrez.com/testing/vaqrh -- should take about half an hour.
Once you have completed the test, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Make sure to use the same email address you used in the testing app so we can find your test results for evaluation. Applications without a completed test will not be considered.
See what our customers are saying about OwnerRez
OwnerRez is the world's most powerful vacation rental management platform and the foundation that homeowners and PMs rely on.
Great for vacation rental businesses
Great for vacation rental businesses Streamlines my channels and customer relationships. Easy to use with lots of event-based triggers...
Time Saving Wonder
Fabulous top to bottom Automation, time savings, website, channel management
Great Software and Support
The support is worth the product price alone. Any issues that I have experienced using this system have been...
OwnerRez is my choice for Vacation Rental Software
5 Star - 10 out of 10 This software has a complete package that is very intuitive to set...
Best functionality for the price
Great experience overall! The OR team is very responsive and helpful. Using OR has streamlined my channel managment and...
Better than Guesty for Hosts
Excellent. The customer service is exceptional. Most of my emails are answered within a few hours and are very...
Great for the money
As with any setup, it's quite a process but very worth it. If you have the time and the...
Excellent value for money, with unparalleled support
Although we are a very small business, we always receive prompt and courteous responses to our support questions. Setup...
Best Property Management Software and inexpensive!
We were using a rather expensive and more complicated property management software, so it has been great discovering this...
OwnerRez has helped me be able to offer a direct booking option for repeat guests and decreased my dependence...
Very full featured software.
Renters are able to book without our intervention. We can list on multiple channels and control from one. Very...
Rated 5.0 out of 5 based on 181 reviews on Capterra Facebook G2 GetApp and SoftwareAdvice