Responsibilities and Duties
We’re a small, agileish team -- we follow no specific methodology, but focus on short iterations and continuous improvement. As a virtual company, all OwnerRez employees work from home, which can be anywhere with a reliable Internet connection and good working environment.
As a senior dev, you will be responsible for designing and developing features end to end -- from web UI to backend business logic, services, and the database. We practice devops and use AWS, so experience there is nice but not necessary.
Design and develop new features and integrations
Maintain and improve existing code
Respond to escalated support tickets from clients.
Attend company meetings online.
Maintain frequent contact with management and colleagues using online productivity tools.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Occasional travel opportunities may be available but will not be required.
Microsoft Stack: C#, ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
Database Technologies: MySQL, Redis
Applicants must be courteous, friendly and professional, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
A high-speed Internet connection and quiet, private place to work is required.
Nice To Have
eCommerce (Stripe, Authorize.net etc.)
Email sending and API’s
QuickBooks Online API/Xero API
Experience with OwnerRez or property rental systems is preferred but not required.
(Applicants will receive training as necessary.)
Will I fit in well? Yes, if…
- You’re highly skilled in software development and can first put on your analyst hat and scope the problem, come up with a solution, and then write the code to implement it. You know what a Fizz...Buzz… is and you could code it in your sleep. We’re looking for 10 years of programming experience in general, and 5 year of experience in the technologies we use.
- You obsess over details and think through the implications of code you write -- does it accomplish the job now but also will it be maintainable later, will 2 years from now you be able to figure out what you did previously, and will it continue to perform as we grow and experience more users and more data.
- You know what the N+1 queries problem is and how to rethink a problem to avoid it. You know the difference between a list and a dictionary and which option will perform best for a particular scenario. You know normalization, denormalization, and how to optimize a slow query. We’re not going to ask you to code a bubble sort or a linked list, but you should know how and why to pick the data structure and algorithm suited to the task at hand.
- You have a working knowledge of web technologies from a low level to a high level. You don’t need to know every last bit and byte of an encoding scheme, but you should be able to describe what happens when a browser makes a request and the different protocols and formats used.
- You love solving problems. Whether it be debugging that arcane edge case bug that only happens when two unrelated areas intersect, hooking up a profiler and tracking down that runaway loop, or diagnosing a rare timeout, you know what tools to use and how to eliminate the possibilities until you find the source of a problem.
- You love to write. The primary mode of interaction with colleagues is via written communication -- issues and tickets, requirements, and designs. We expect self documenting code and believe that properly named and structured classes, methods, and variables can avoid a lot of comments. We also write high level process documentation to tie everything together and help the team work cohesively in all areas of the code, rather than dividing it up into assigned areas.
- You love doing things efficiently. The whole purpose of OwnerRez is to have a massive efficiency impact on our clients’ businesses, and we want our internal operations to be the same. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves. If something is manual and repetitive, something needs to be done to change that, which means communication is essential.
- You love to set your own course. At OwnerRez, we keep meetings to a minimum because we need to spend our time making things happen. Most of the time, you get to make things happen yourself without someone saying so.
We’re a developer founded and led company who strives for a quality product and realizes that many problems can be solved with the application of software in the right place.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Fully paid health benefits
- Vacation - hip and trendy “no specific policy - take what you need, within reason, and communicate as far in advance as possible”
- 100% telework-from-home
- Travel rare if ever, may do annual get-togethers
How To Apply
http://testing.ownerrez.com/testing/vaqrh -- should take about half an hour.
Once you have completed the test, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to use the same email address you used in the testing app so we can find your test results for evaluation. Applications without a completed test will not be considered.
See what our customers are saying about OwnerRez
OwnerRez is the world's most powerful vacation rental management platform and the foundation that homeowners and PMs rely on.
Keep up the good work and many thanks!
We recently refinanced one of our vacation rentals. It was very challenging because of the pandemic, but we were...
Definitely worth the investment!
I have recently started using OwnerRez for our vacation rental. While the setup does take time, they are with...
The Best EVER
OwnerRez allows me to manage properties from one platform with multiple listings. There's really no better alternative! Everything is...
Highly recommend for ease of use and customer service!
Paul W was excellent in solving my issue of having 2 accounts signed up. I have never waited more...
Always quick to respond and always going above and beyond to help
I began using Ownerrez several years ago to keep up with reservations for our short term vacation rental. I...
Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me the other day. We've migrated all of our data...
Best experience ever!
Amazing! I can't say enough about my positive experience with OwnerRez. I've been in real estate (sales & property...
Great Software, Great Price, Great Support - What's Not to Love?
They are just an overall complete solution... Great Price, Great Support, Great Feature set. I wish I would have...
I highly recommend their concierge setup service
I researched and demo a lot of PMS/Channel management software. This is my second PMS/Channel Management software and it...
Never been happier
The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always...
Their support team is responsive, precise and professional!
We just set up our new vacation rental www.mauilovevacation.com at OwnerRez and I can't say enough about my positive...
OwnerRez saved my butt this past month.
OwnerRez saved my butt this past month. I had a burst appendix and was in the hospital for almost...
Rated 5.0 out of 5 based on 125 reviews on Capterra Facebook GetApp and SoftwareAdvice