Having used this for a number of months now, here are several items that slightly annoy as a user:
1) When in "My Booking Area" I cannot easily go back to the main page *has Forum, Support, Contact, etc). Seems there should be a Green "Go to the Main Page" in the same place that brought me here, or whatever to toggle back and forth.
2) There is a search on top right of My Booking Area. Not really use it, not really sure PRECISELY what it is for
3) Would greatly appreciate that Search in the main OR area. To this day, I still do not know how to search the Forum. That is by far the most annoying thing. There may be a hidden way to do it, but every other forum I was ever in had an obvious Forum search box
JTVRs - my thoughts
1) Agree, it's a minor annoyance. My practice is to keep OR open in two tabs in Chrome. One for the My Booking Area and the other for the Forum. And I've learned to get to the Forum by going to ownerreservations.com and clicking on Forum.
2) I never use that search, but for me it works to find the guest last name. But I never know the guest's last name so not super useful. I agree would be nice to know what is being searched
3) This one I can help with. Go to https://www.ownerreservations.com/support and use the search there. I agree would be very nice to have it in the forum itself, but it's still useful where it is. I've never complained because there are many other features I'd like in the Forum, such as being able to 'like' someone's post, attach files (including images), have info about how many posts a user has made, that sort of thing.
While we are at it:
The Support link at top should be in "My Booking Area"
The Support page should enable opening a support ticket if what is on the page doesn't answer the question.
The only way I see to email for Help is the Contact link, which seems more aimed at new prospects (Sales)
Yep, we need to promote some of those options to be more visible for sure... but the top bar is already pretty full of other locations to the point where it just barely fits on some size screens. Right now, the best way to get to the support area is to use the dropdown arrow in the top right and click Help.
Like Rich mentioned, the main search on the Support area will search everything on that site -- support articles, forum posts, and blog posts.
The search on "my booking area" will find by guest name, booking/payment id, or Airbnb/VRBO reservation number (if you've done a channel bridge to import those numbers to OwnerRez).