I'm looking at the "invoice" page of the payment request and a couple of things stand out.
1. If pay by check is selected, the line "Write a check for $xxxxxx to the order of xxxxxxxxx" always displays the TOTAL balance, even if only 50% is due and selected in the previous section.
2. If I set up a credit card surcharge of 3% and the guest chooses CC as payment, there is no place on the "invoice" page that indicates there will be a 3% surcharge. Is there a way to customize this invoice page and note this surcharge? It would be nice to add custom info elsewhere on this page as well - especially the text of the "grace period" section about cancellations.
3. On the payment confirmation final page I don't even see the surcharge being added. I see in the setup instructions that it says "Set a surcharge or discount that will be added to bookings made via quote or book now when a guest uses this payment method.
Note: This will set the payment type rule on the booking so subsequent payments remain the same type. "
Does this mean that ONLY payments made on a quote or book now will apply the surcharge? Is there a way to apply it if I manually add a booking and then send a payment request?
Thanks for the notice on the check always showing the total. We'll take a look. That might be because the arrival date of the booking is soon but then, if that were the case, the 50% option wouldn't show.
It adds the 3% surcharge at the end on the confirmation page before they pay. We do it there because they may change their mind earlier in the process and go back to a check or different payment method. By "invoice" page do you mean the page that first open when looking at the quote or coming from a Book Now form on your website?
The only spot to customize the messaging there is by using a custom form header and selecting that Quote - Overview page as the one to change. That's just the blue message box at the top though. You could also customize the header and footer as well under Settings > Branding but that remains the same throughout all pages.
Yes, you can apply it manually. When the guest selects it, two things happen:
1) A processing adjustment for 3% is added as a bottom line item on their charges
2) The booking rules are locked to "credit card only" on the payment methods or whatever method they selected
So if you do a manual booking, you can manually do both of the items above - change the charges and change the rules.
I double-checked by looking at the "booking" I entered for my family's vacation week. If I go to send a "payment request" and look at the payment page via the link included, it does say "please send (full balance due)..." if I choose pay by check, even if I choose to pay 50% or a custom amount. That line never seems to update. Also, I've never actually paid much attention to this billing page, but if the guest chooses payment by check, there is no button to click or anything. I think if the guest chooses "pay by check" it would be great if like the "continue to confirmation" button that appears for credit card payments, instead you displayed a "print invoice" button that would let them print a copy of the payment request to include with their check. Just an idea. Many of my renters include a printout of my payment instructions when they mail me a check.
As for the CC surcharge, that never shows up. I manually created this booking for my family vacation, and now when I choose to pay by CC no surcharge ever shows up. I think that if you manually create a booking instead of sending a quote and having an initial credit card payment as part of the acceptance, that the CC surcharge doesn't work. I tried it on a couple of other reservations and the CC surcharge doesn't appear during the payment process.
Yep, right now picking "pay by check" on a payment request displays the instructions but doesn't actually set anything on the booking. That's something you do when you record the check. Good idea to add a note about that for record-keeping -- it would be nice to see that the guest intended to mail a check.
The CC surcharge only shows up when you reserve via a quote -- because that actually does execute through to a pending booking on the check payment type selection. If you create a booking manually, we assume that you're taking care of the settings for things like a cc surcharge or what payment methods are allowed.