I am hoping to create discount rule(s) based on duration of stay.
1. customer stays 4 nights, a discount of 10% per stay is given
2. customer stays 5 nights, a discount of 12% per stay is given
What I am seeing happen is that if a customer stays, in this example 5 nights, both discounts are being applied equaling 22% discount.
Is there a way to eliminate more than one discount being applied per booking? Or, is there something obvious that I am missing?
Think I have figured a method...scratch that.
Could you let us know how you achieved it? That would be helpful :)
Ella said:Hi Paul,
I wanted to follow-up this...
There is definitely a way to add automatic discounts for certain lengths of stay.
Let's take Paul's exact example:
1) customer stays 4 nights, a discount of 10% per stay is given
2) customer stays 5 nights, a discount of 12% per stay is given
Go to Surcharges & Discounts (under Settings), click Create and then fill it in like so:
1) Set the type to Discount
2) Set the name to "4 night stay discount"
3) Set the amount type to Percent and the amount to 10%
4) Set applies to Per Stay
5) Under Criteria, change Bookings to Specific Bookings
6) Set the booking criteria to 'Number of Nights' is 'equal to' and set the value to 4 nights
It should look like this:
Then add another for 5 nights or 6 nights or whatever you want. You could also make a range of them so that the same discount applies to greater than 4 nights but less than 7. Play with the criteria a bit until you get what you want.
Always use Tools > Rate Tester to make sure your rates are coming out correctly. I just tested this and I see it working like so: