I am thinking I did this incorrectly--the guest purchased CFAR, then decided to cancel their trip. They had only paid a deposit and were still within their cancellation window, so I gave them a full refund and cancelled. But now I am wondering about the CFAR payment they made; will they get that refunded? How does that work? They will be booking again but want to wait for a year until they feel they are clear of COVID. Could we book those dates and have them move insurance to those dates after we already cancelled? I know I should have thought of this before cancelling!
Normally, it is not possible to get the travel insurance price refunded, though it never hurts to ask. The guest will need to reach out to the insurance company to ask for the refund.
While it is possible to move dates for insurance coverage of the "same" booking, moving it a year would probably cause issues and complications and is best avoided.