Experience the difference of "Elite".

Website Design Company

Tim D
Jul 3, 2019 5:21 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 5 posts

Can anyone point me towards a person/company they used to have a website built? One that was reasonably priced and easily integrated the OR widgets. Thank you for any help!

JTVRs
Jul 3, 2019 5:25 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Having someone build a proper website can be expensive. I would suggest you start with a) the hosted website offered by owner reservations for several reasons such as getting free included support, or b) purchasing a WordPress theme that features a hotel or rental theme from a place like envato or c) consider using Wix or Weebly to build something as a starter.

There is a lot that goes into building a website, and your website builder may not really know what they're doing or may charge you thousands you wind up with nothing better than what I said above. There's a lot to be said for starting simple and then transitioning to something that you have built for yourself later.

Tim D
Jul 3, 2019 11:11 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 5 posts

Thank you for the information! I like the OR website but down the road I would like something a little more detailed. In the short term is there anyway to add a banner to the OR built website for my VR that would scroll specials or announcements across it?

Chris Hynes
Jul 4, 2019 5:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, that's usually a good way to get started -- do an OR website which is fast and easy and then later if you want to develop something more advanced or hire a developer to do so you can always switch over to a custom site using our widgets.

In terms of a banner, you could put images on the hero unit that scrolls across the top of the home page. But I'd recommend just creating a page called "Specials" -- folks usually see that first in the tabs up top and click it to see what you're offering.

Tim D
Jul 4, 2019 5:53 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 5 posts

I had no clue we could create additional pages!!! Where in the forums can I find the steps of doing that?

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 6:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you go to the site in Settings > Hosted Websites, click on the site in that list, it'll take you to the main site management area.

There is a Create Page button there at the top of the page/menu list -- click that and choose the Custom Page option and it'll take you to an area where you can fill out the content for that page.

TheGrandHacienda
Sep 4, 2019 12:11 AM
Joined Apr, 2018 17 posts

http://2425creative.com did my website. Anne Marie - she is great. my site is www.discoverabiquiu.com.