Experience the difference of "Elite".

New template sharing and questions forum

Chris Hynes
Jan 11, 2019 7:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We've had an email template library over in the support section for awhile: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/recommended-reading/email-template-library

One of our users, Rich, recently mentioned that it'd be good to allow user content too, so this forum was born :-)

We'll be working on and improving the share over time with images and photos!

Jenna M
Apr 29, 2019 7:26 PM
Joined Feb, 2019 2 posts

Good idea. Does anyone have a template for an automated email that goes out upon booking that informs guests of excursions, or in my case experiences, that they can book during their stay? I have thought about adding it to the request real email address template since I can put the Airbnb experience link there for Airbnb guests and that way I am not sending an additional email.

JTVRs
Apr 29, 2019 8:49 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I am also interested in offering tours via AirBnb experiences or other platforms, but unless Airbnb allows an experience upgrade to your booking, a template seems moot (seems like two independent purchases). It is already difficult even to request additional charges to a booking, let alone adding an experience...

Or are they linked somehow?

Jenna M
May 7, 2019 4:31 PM
Joined Feb, 2019 2 posts

What I had in mind was a brief explanation of the experience they could add on during their stay and provide the link to my Airbnb experience if they are Airbnb guests. If not Airbnb guests, I would send a link to my website where they can book the experience directly. The payment and scheduling would all take place outside of OwnerRez. The only reason for the template is to have an autoresponder when guests book a stay so that they are informed of my experience offer ahead of their stay and they are provided a link to book it.

On a side note. I have had two guests that stayed and also did my experience. I offered them a discount because my experience is new and I want more reviews. It seems the homestay and experience are sort of linked as far as the payout goes, but it's not really clear. I wish Airbnb would have a way to show guests who book a stay that their host also offers an experience. It seems like common sense to say "hey you booked at stay in xyz place, want to add an experience while you are there?" And even if that host didn't have an experience they could show guests experiences available for the area and dates of their stay.

Paul W
May 9, 2019 9:25 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Jenna, you can use Triggers to target "only Airbnb" bookings and then send them a special email template with a link to your Airbnb experience.

(Yeah that's strange that Airbnb doesn't link host rooms and experiences - that's a nobrainer)

JTVRs
May 9, 2019 2:50 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I am somewhat concerned about the possibility of getting you delisted if your profile or legal paperwork or Communications point a prospect or guest off the Airbnb system in any way. Same with the HomeAway family. I have seen a few scary stories in other forums

Chris Hynes
May 9, 2019 10:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

HomeAway definitely allows (and encourages) renter agreement signatures. Airbnb as well: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/465/can-hosts-ask-guests-to-sign-a-contract.

On any site you should provide notice up front in the house rules, and then require the document to be signed after booking.