Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb removing pass through email address

Lisa S
Jul 6, 2020 8:13 PM
Joined Jul, 2020 2 posts

I am thinking of switching to OwnerRez from another Channel Manager. Has there been any indication by OwnerRez how this will work next month when Airbnb removes the pass through email address and moves all communications to their app only? To be clear, I do not take people off platform but I do use Gmail to send communications to their platform and use my channel manager to send attachments and to automate communication with guests. That seems like it will be impacted and I don’t want to make a complicated move I will regret.

Sheila F
Jul 10, 2020 11:22 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 6 posts

Hi Lisa, there was a post about this from OwnerRez support. There's a setting on Airbnb under Account - Professional Hosting Tools that you can turn on. It's called "Allow me to email documents to guests".

Chris L
Jul 11, 2020 3:41 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

I have it turned on but starting yesterday, it seems emails are now failing (I'm getting bounces, and my guests are telling me they haven't received the door code email). I need to do some testing to see the extent of the issue, but for now, it appears broken. :(

Ken T
Jul 13, 2020 2:55 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1549 posts

Are you still seeing this? We haven't heard of any widespread issues after the email option is turned on correctly.

Chris L
Jul 13, 2020 3:03 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

No, I think it was just a coincidence that I got two bounces from Airbnb (for two separate guests) in a row. Other emails seem to have been going through and getting opened, so false alarm.