Experience the difference of "Elite".

API Airbnb Integration

Michele W
Nov 22, 2019 9:44 AM
Joined Sep, 2018 47 posts

Special items I didnt do when I did my API Integration and it cost me some $ on rentals that I am trying to recover after the fact from customers. Keep in mind almost all of your setting in Airbnb will be overwritten and if you dont have them set up in OR, they will not appear on the Airbnb platform, including surcharges, which is where I got caught off guard. Having said that, I thought I had read all the OR documents thoroughly.
1. Charge for extra guest per night. I had this only set up for OR bookings only and used the AIrbnb platform for this fee. Therefore when we switched there was no extra guest fee when several of our guest booked. FIX: In surcharges set sites to ALL. Easy enough, but this was not something that is specifically mentioned to do when preparing for the transition. No fault of OR, some folks may have already been pushing fees to Airbnb, but we were not, and only used the platform fee input fields, which all get overwritten.
2. Cleaning fee, same as above.
All in all we love the Airbnb API and appreciate all the hard work that had to of gone into this upgrade! Thanks OR Team.
Just want to give other OR users the heads up in case they have there system set up like ours.

Rich S
Nov 23, 2019 1:25 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

great post, this kind of thing really helps others avoid issues !