Experience the difference of "Elite".

cancellation on owner statement

Kismet Prop
Jun 11, 2019 9:27 AM
Joined Sep, 2018 23 posts

I have a cancelled booking on my owner statement and its' paying the owner on the cancelled reservation? How do I remove?
The booking was entered in May and a cancellation was end of May but the refund went out in June. It was a direct booking.
Anyone ever have this issue?

Paul W
Jun 11, 2019 5:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Look at the charges and payments on the booking. Even if the booking is cancelled, there still may be charges showing which will remit earnings to the owner (and commission to you the PM). There are legitimate use cases where cancelled bookings still collect revenue from the guest. Just because the booking is cancelled does not mean it will be dropped from PM. If you want all the money reversed, remove all the charge line items or add additional line items that negate what is there (ie. use negative amounts) so that th etotal balance is $0. Check the booking > PM tab to see the breakdown of charges, payments, etc that is being remitted to the owner and PM. As you adjust the booking's charges, those PM numbers will change.

30Ez
Apr 5, 2020 12:24 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 6 posts

Hi guys,
So now that we have this crazy situation and have had to cancel a lot of bookings, and remove all the charge line items so as not to have it show up on owner statements. How do we run a report that shows each owner how much lost revenue they have? We've looked under List View with cancellations ticked but the amount shows as $00 because we did back everything out. What's the easiest way to find what we need to give owners what they need for loss of revenue?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks!

Ken T
Apr 9, 2020 3:55 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Alas - you can't. We didn't think of that before this all happened and now it's too late. :-(

You may be able to dig through your old emails and find the notifications that were sent to you when the bookings were made, which generally include the charges. You could collect all that information in an Excel spreadsheet.

You can also get a list of all your cancelled bookings so you know what to look for - go to the main Bookings screen, List view, and Filter by Booking Status - Cancelled.

We're thinking about what we may be able to do to preserve this information for the future, but that's not going to be much help to you right now I'm afraid.

When you manually do a cancellation, rather than removing the charge line, we recommend you instead add a new line, in the negative, for the same amount and charge type. That has the same accounting result - a balance of $0 - but still preserves the original charges.

30Ez
Apr 9, 2020 4:54 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 6 posts

Thanks Ken, this is definitely a crazy situation! We had added a new line in the negative so we were able to go back in there and see each one to bring out to a spreadsheet and send them that but there were a whole lot of them so that's why we were asking. Appreciate you guys! Stay well!

Sarah H
Jun 7, 2020 9:33 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Yep, found similar challenge of trying to quantify. I did the negative adjustment so I could still see the original figures in the charges tab. I can also run reports including/not including cancel just to see what occurred. I also had the fun of working in the AirBNB cancel payout. I didn't have many and it was not impossible to show.. HOPEFULLY - most of this is behind us.