Experience the difference of "Elite".

Updated from RentalGuardian on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Posted on
  • By

Many users have asked about Travel Insurance coverage and what the official policy is.  It has changed a bit as time has progressed.  RentalGuard and InsureStays have put out an official FAQ at this link:

FAQ's – Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Our Travel Protection Plans

Take a look and read that top to bottom.  There is some very good information in there to know.

Additionally, we here at OwnerRez are working quickly to see if we can get the Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) product added in the next few days.  No promises or ETA on that but we've been cleared for take-off on the carrier side to add it.

In addition, here are some additional important reference numbers:

• Nationwide Claims & Coverage Questions:
    • Within U.S./Canada: (833) 610-0736
    • Outside U.S./Canada: (843) 494-5909
  • RentalGuardian Support: (888) 885-5550

2 Comments (add yours)

Valerie R
Mar 20, 2020 11:05 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hi Paul,

Is this company the same company that our guests are purchasing insurance from when booking through our OwnerRez system? When I look at those documents they say "AIG Travel Guard" on them.

I have a guest who purchased a policy through her booking in OwnerRez from "AIG Travel Guard" in October 2019. I'm trying to find out if the travel cancellation coverage on that policy will pay for her canceled booking. Do we have any information on this company's stance on Covid-19? I would try to call them but I am sure it will be almost impossible to get through.

Ken T
Mar 20, 2020 11:11 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1568 posts

OwnerRez changed insurance providers last November. Any policies purchased after November 18, 2019, will be with RentalGuardian, which is what the guidance mentioned above relates to.

Polices purchased prior to November 18, 2019 are from AIG Travel Guard, as you noted. We have received no guidance from them, which isn't a huge surprise - the reason we changed companies was because AIG was exiting portions of the business. We were informed that their existing policies will be honored as issued, but what that means in the current circumstances is anybody's guess.

Unfortunately, we have no better recommendation than to attempt to contact them for a definitive answer. Since we attempted to replace AIG's product with another similar product form RentalGuardian, it is likely that their response will be similar to what RentalGuardian is doing, but the only way to know for sure is to ask them.