Experience the difference of "Elite".

Send trigger emails based on the listing site (eg. sending "Airbnb clean-up" emails)

• Posted on
  • By

Did you know that triggers can be configured to target specific listing sites?  Oh yes!  A big use case for this is Airbnb...

Let's say you use our calendar import to automatically import your Airbnb bookings.  Because Airbnb doesn't share the guest's real email address, you need to ask the guest for that (and probably other stuff) so that you can manually "clean up" the booking and keep your records up to date.

Previously, you had to remember to manually email Airbnb guests and ask for information online.  Now, OwnerRez will do this for you.

When creating triggers, you'll see a new criteria option called "Listing Sites".

You can select All listings sites or select a specific list of them to target.  When the system executes the trigger, this value will be taken into account.

So when your Airbnb bookings are imported into OwnerRez, you don't have to lift a finger - the system will send them your email template, saying whatever you want to say.

By the way, if you're looking for inspiration in terms of what to tell Airbnb guests, we have a sample in our email template library you may want to use called Airbnb request for contact info (real email address) and signed renter agreement.

4 Comments (add yours)

Brenda V
May 10, 2017 3:42 PM
Joined Jan, 2017 1 post

When I clock the link for {bulease}, I am getting an error message "Support Article Not found" when I go to review the email that was sent to the guest.

I verified that my email template contained the correct shortcode {bulease}. Is that shortcode not working? Or, what else could be wrong?

TIA

Chris Hynes
May 10, 2017 3:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Thanks for the heads up -- the article template link was grabbing a weird value when you copied and pasted it. The link wasn't going to the {BULEASE} even though the text showed that. I fixed the article and fixed the template for you.

If you want to check where links go in future, you can click on the link in the email template editor and use the chain link button in the toolbar to view a dialog that shows the Url (where the link goes) and Text (what is displayed to the guest), which can be two different values.

mvweis
Jan 20, 2018 9:40 PM
Joined Nov, 2015 4 posts

When the guest gets the link to the rental agreement, are they forced to fill in address, custom fields etc?

I have been having Airbnb guests send me mailng address, list of guest names and other info that would go into my custom fields during a normal booking. Then I send them a link to the rental agreement to sign, marking them as having paid by CC other.

I've setup email trigger a week before arrival asking for a credit card for security deposit since I can't or don't collect it at signing.

Chris Hynes
Jan 20, 2018 10:02 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep! Use the preview link you get from the request e-Signature button on the Legal tab of the booking and you can see what it looks like.

Everything that would be required on a quote checkout on the contact info page is also required on the signing link page. The only time it's not required is after the booking has arrived, to make sure the guest doesn't go back and change things later.