Experience the difference of "Elite".

FlipKey email parsing has been updated

• Posted on
  • By

In the past 24 hours, FlipKey changed the format of their inquiry emails.  The change was very slight but it threw off our parsing logic.

Because of this, you may have received several "unrecognized email" alerts from the system and wondered why FlipKey wasn't being recognized as it normally is.

We noticed the change and released an emergency update this morning to accommodate it.

FlipKey emails are now being recognized, and parsed, as normal.

2 Comments (add yours)

Glenn Moore
Oct 13, 2013 7:02 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi I recently signed up for a flipkey account. Looks like you do not have to pay a yearly fee, rather you pay a small percentage of each rental. Does this sound right? I am getting inquiries and they are coming in as unrecognized. Also, more seriously, I cannot see the email address of the person doing the inquiry. Do you know of any settings on Flipkey that would enable this? Am I doing something wrong on it?

Glenn

Michelle J
Oct 14, 2013 9:29 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Glenn,

This is because of something new that FlipKey has been doing which we're encouraging users to complain about.

Without providing you any options, they're going to a new "Book Now" option which keeps the guest info hidden and forces all payments through the FlipKey website. We've been contacted by a lot of frustrated users about this.

What we recommend doing is calling FlipKey directly and asking them to stop this practice. Tell them that you prefer getting listings the old way - by email - so that you can process them how you prefer.

There may be an option they can flip on/off for you that puts it back to the old way for you.

-Michelle