Experience the difference of "Elite".

CSS help

Danica C
Feb 7, 2020 8:12 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 4 posts

Hi everyone. I am kind of OCD about my website look. I want all headings and titles matched by color, etc. This means I will use the CSS portion of OwnerRez with my widgets. I know how to use CSS but I don't know how to use it on OwnerRez. For example, on my website, I would write the CSS and give each style a name, and then I would call that name in the html code when I wanted to use that style. However, with a widget, I don't know what names the widget is calling. I can't see the widget code. How do I use CSS on OwnerRez? Specifically, I want the headings on my fillable blanks (like name, phone number on the quoting/inquiry widget) to be navy blue instead of black. How would I get that? Thanks!

Here is the widget on my page:
www.RentWaterscape.com/A312orz

Chris Hynes
Feb 8, 2020 2:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can also apply CSS on element types or other classes already there. In this case it looks like you already figured it out :-D -- apply the color on the label element.

We do need to go through and give each element in the widgets its own class so it's even easier to style -- that's on our voluminous TODO list already ;-)

Chris W
Apr 6, 2020 7:54 PM
Joined Apr, 2020 1 post

I'm Having a similar issue and can't figure out how to get the Book Now Quote Info Box colors changed. I found that the class=booknow-quote-info box and changed the information I needed changed to:

.background-color {rgb(191, 248, 70)}
.background-image {linear-gradient(rgb(191, 248, 70) 0%, rgb(167, 215, 62) 100%)}
.border-bottom-color {rgb(0, 128, 0)}
.border-left-color {rgb(0, 128, 0)}
.border-right-color {rgb(0, 128, 0)}
.border-top-color {rgb(0, 128, 0)}
.color {rgb(0, 128, 0)}
.alert-info {
rgb(0, 128, 0)}

posted this in the OwnerRez Widget but doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something by not listing the CSS class?

Chelle W
Jul 24, 2021 11:06 AM
Joined Mar, 2021 2 posts

Hello! I am needing help with all this technical set up. Is this something you offer? Thanks!

Ken T
Jul 24, 2021 1:28 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Have you taken a look at this page?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/hosted-website-css-magic

If you have more specific questions, please write in to the Helpdesk with a detailed description of what you're trying to do, and we'll see if we can assist.

Erik C
Jun 15, 2023 12:45 PM
Joined May, 2023 3 posts

Hi Danica, what did you end up doing to accomplish this?  I'm in the same scenario you were in and can't for the life of me figure this out.  I'm familiar with CSS so don't think it's lack of knowledge in that department that's hindering me here.

Danica C
Jun 15, 2023 3:24 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 4 posts

I just used the closes color I could without using the CSS. I never could figure it out. This has been a couple years ago but if I remember correctly I was told the CSS wasn’t fully developed to do what I wanted (at that time). So I gave up and used the built in colors from the widgets. www.RentWaterscape.com 

Emond
Jun 20, 2023 9:27 AM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2023 2 posts

Hello Erik,

If you want help, please contact us here https://www.ownerrez.com/contact/us
so we can exchange more details and give you proper guidance.