Experience the difference of "Elite".

Better mobile experience

Chuck K
Oct 28, 2021 12:46 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 83 posts

It is understandable why OR is using a PWA approach to mobile. But it does not create a good experience for we owners. Way too many times it is necessary to reselect an item at the highest menu level when all we really want to do is go "back" 1 selection.

Not sure what best answer is outside of a native mobile app. Maybe "breadcrumbs" in the interface?

Paul W
Oct 28, 2021 2:27 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Does your phone have a back button? Or a swiped left/right to go "back"? Most do, at least Android phones do. If so, doing that will do the same thing in the app as clicking a browser back button.

Chris L
Nov 3, 2021 2:36 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

iOS lacks the universal "back" button that Android has. A swipe from the left edge can replicate it sometimes, but it doesn't always work smoothly.

Like the OP, I understand why OR has taken the PWA avenue for now, but as the product continues to mature and it becomes more of a centralized hub for communication (channel messaging, SMS, etc.), a real app with push notifications really is necessary. So I always upvote any feature request that leads to that. :)

Chris L
Nov 9, 2021 3:52 PM

The other thing that causes issues is the lack of a "refresh" option in the PWA. Sometimes (especially in areas with bad cell service or wifi), the page won't load, but there's no way to easily trigger a reload.

Ken T
Nov 9, 2021 5:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Have you tried "pull down" on the screen? With mobile, that generally triggers a refresh.

Chris L
Nov 12, 2021 9:41 AM

I have. It does not seem to work in the PWA on iOS.

Chris Hynes
Nov 12, 2021 11:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Hmm. What version of iOS are you on? v15 is supposed to have a pull to refresh gesture: https://www.iphonehacks.com/2021/06/safari-ios-15-offers-pull-to-refresh-gesture.html

Doug M
Nov 20, 2022 6:31 PM
Joined Jul, 2022 8 posts

The other *real* concern that I have experienced is the lack of mobile-friendliness for the rental agreement. I lost a $900 booking because the guy couldn't figure out how to see the agreement---despite me sending him the attached. Bottom line -- as much as I love OR and all the thought that has gone into it -- mobile friendliness all the way around needs some serious and prompt consideration IMHO. 

Alece
Nov 22, 2022 5:51 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 160 posts

Doug, I feel your pain on that issue. I frequently get messages from guests asking how they are supposed to see the details of what they're signing, and I have to explain how they can view the content of the Agreement when looking at it on their phones. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just as an FYI, here's the reply from Chris when I reached out to OwnerRez specifically about this in April, 2021: "Yep, this is still on the todo list -- we will overhaul all of the guest forms to make them more mobile friendly and possibly mesh them together into a guest portal. That's a large effort and we haven't scheduled it for dev yet."

Doug M
Nov 24, 2022 11:09 AM
Joined Jul, 2022 8 posts

Yes. And given readability concerns and the lack of a 'signature' (similar to signnow or docusign), I wonder how supportive this agreement would be amidst a contested legal battle. The mobile experience is really terrible. 

Personally, I don't think a guest app is the solution as that increases the barrier to entry. Instead, just build a truly mobile friendly guest experience... even if that looks like piggybacking off of someone else's technology. 

...my unsolicited 2 cents. :)