Experience the difference of "Elite".

Schlage Encode

Karen H
Oct 21, 2021 2:03 PM
Joined Jan, 2021 7 posts

It'd be awesome to get our Schlage Encode locks integrated with OR. These locks do not use a hub, they connect directly to Wi-Fi.

Any plans for this?

Ken T
Oct 21, 2021 2:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Not at present, but, you've made the suggestion, now let's see how many other vote for it. :-)

Chris L
Oct 22, 2021 3:01 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

A direct integration would be fantastic, but RemoteLock integrates with Schlage Encode, so the OP can easily do this by integrating OR with RemoteLock and then integrating RemoteLock with their Schlage Encode locks.

However, there's a fee for this, so if OR could ever do it directly, I could ditch RemoteLock. Just sayin'. ;)

Sun & Fun Beach
Nov 9, 2021 7:56 AM
Joined Sep, 2021 2 posts

I'll second what Karen said. While I like what RemoteLock is doing, it would be great if I didn't have to pay another charge per door.

Alece
Sep 15, 2022 12:09 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 160 posts

I've been using RemoteLock for this and when their system works correctly, it's awesome. But their customer service/support is basically non-existent, so heaven forbid something go wrong or not work as it's supposed to -- because you basically have no way to get needed support! 

For that reason alone I would absolutely love being able to directly integrate my Schlage Encode keypads into OR!!

Mark & Amanda B.
Sep 17, 2022 11:33 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 6 posts

Would love this!!

Jeanne S
Sep 18, 2022 2:04 AM
Joined Apr, 2022 1 post

This integration would be fantastic!!

Matthew M
Sep 18, 2022 9:15 AM
Joined Aug, 2022 8 posts

I recently moved from Hospitable to OwnerRez for the website hosting. For whatever reason, Hospitable has Schlage Encode integration (and only this lock).  It worked perfectly and honestly it made the switch to OwnerRez a lot harder.  OwnerRez supporting this would be a home run for me.

Ventura County V
Sep 18, 2022 11:58 AM
Joined Mar, 2022 115 posts

Have you tried Lynx instead of RemoteLock?  Their support is great.  I use them for Schlage Z-Wave locks.  I've been very happy with their ability to email the codes to the guests and they have a nice portal that guests can use to remotely control the locks (as well as the AC and now garage door... obvioulsy you need supported tech and each of these is an additional fee).

Adam B
Oct 26, 2022 12:44 AM
Joined Oct, 2022 1 post

Agree - also looking to move over to OR and not having Schlage Encode integration will create a major burden. Encode is great for removing the dependency on gateways and streamlining access control, especially when you're not looking for greater smart home controls or Z-wave capabilities offered by RemoteLock, etc. 

Jenny O
Oct 30, 2022 10:02 AM
Joined Aug, 2022 15 posts

Mine is working through ResortLock.

Jami F
Oct 31, 2022 2:02 PM
Joined Jun, 2022 2 posts

How many votes does it take to get a feature green lit?

bigDeeOT
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM
Joined Mar, 2022 20 posts

I agree. Let’s get this feature going!

sunchic vacation
Nov 30, 2022 7:10 AM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

I did as well. Here's the API from Yonomi they used for the integration https://www.yonomi.com/use-cases/vacation-rental

About Yonomi (part of Allegian/Schlage family)

Yonomi is an IoT integration platform that brings your software applications to life, faster.

The Yonomi Platform is the fastest way to integrate smart devices to build IoT solutions. The platform provides the tools and frameworks needed to easily connect, control, and automate smart home devices. Yonomi software is used in more than 1.2 million homes globally and integrates more than 2.7 million residential devices.

Yonomi is a part of the Allegion family of brands and the integration partner of choice for Schlage Locks. Allegion is a global pioneer in seamless access, with leading brands like CISA®, Interflex®, LCN®, Schlage®, SimonsVoss® and Von Duprin®. Focusing on security around the door and adjacent areas, Allegion secures people and assets with a range of solutions for homes, businesses, schools and institutions. Allegion had $2.7 billion in revenue in 2020, and its security products are sold around the world.

Yonomi has offices in Austin, TX and Boulder, CO.

Scott J
Nov 30, 2022 8:57 AM
Joined Mar, 2019 167 posts

This Yonomi API being part of Schlage makes it seem it could be the technology for OR to integrate with.

Tony L
Dec 19, 2022 7:36 AM
Joined Oct, 2020 4 posts

Yes this would be awesome!

sunchic vacation
Dec 19, 2022 7:39 AM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

Agree. Let's vote this up. Avoid spending more on 3rd party apps with this integration.

Jami F
Dec 19, 2022 9:26 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 2 posts

Agree also. How many votes does it take to get attention?

Paul W
Dec 20, 2022 12:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hey Jami, thanks for checking in on it. We have considered direct integration with lock brands, but traditionally we've integrated with third parties that do many locks at once to give customers more choice and flexibility.  This past summer, we announced a new partnership with Jervis that handles Schlage locks along with Yale, August, and other major brands.  Have you looked at Jervis and their cost structure?  Curious what the downsides are there.  We may end up doing direct Schlage at some point because of the overwhelming outcry for it - believe me, the response is noted!  Thanks for your votes and feedback.

John L
Dec 20, 2022 1:12 PM
Joined Sep, 2022 1 post

The price structure with Jervis is more than RemoteLock. So it seems OR is working on an integration that is more expensive than what is currently available