Experience the difference of "Elite".

API connections settings: make links to listings visible on mobile

Paul W
Nov 4, 2021 11:08 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

This went out in the latest release:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/more-settings-for-refundable-security-deposits-airbnb-status-weekend-rates-on-rate-table-vrbo-reviews-automatch-to-bookings

Chris L
Oct 9, 2021 1:04 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Frequently, guests (who can’t read) message me through Airbnb or Vrbo asking about bringing pets to a property that isn’t pet friendly or if there are any steps at a property that is up a flight of stairs.

I silently roll my eyes at their inability to read, but then I remind myself that this is an opportunity to sell them on a place that does fit their needs, And so I send them a link to one of my other properties that is able to welcome their puppers or is a walk-in-level unit without steps.

On desktop, the easiest way to do this is to jump into the OR API settings page for that channel, which has a convenient “copy“ option with the property ID or link to the listing.

On mobile, though, you guys reformat the page and chop this important column out. Even rotating my large iPhone 12 Pro Max to landscape mode does not expose this column. So then I have to navigate through the cumbersome Airbnb app or Vrbo website on my phone to grab the applicable link(s) to my other properties.

Since you guys seem to be in a phase of making things more beautiful for mobile, can I kindly request that you do the same for the API connections page and let me copy those all-important links on my phone?

Paul W
Oct 11, 2021 4:29 PM

Thanks for the detailed explanation, and yes we will do this. In our (slow going) redesign and mission to make everything consistent, we are also addressing pages where information is gone on small screens and adding it back with action or advanced areas or by making it expand vertically. This is a prime example of where that needs to happen. The goal is that mobile/tablet be 100% as functional as desktop view ports.

Paul W
Oct 27, 2021 11:05 AM

The next release should include a fix for this.

Paul W
Nov 4, 2021 11:08 AM

This went out in the latest release:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/more-settings-for-refundable-security-deposits-airbnb-status-weekend-rates-on-rate-table-vrbo-reviews-automatch-to-bookings

Chris L
Nov 9, 2021 3:50 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Another saintly enhancement. Thank you!!