Experience the difference of "Elite".

field code for last 4 digits of phone number

Gila W
Oct 1, 2021 1:29 AM
Joined Mar, 2021 2 posts

I set the door codes for my locks to the last 4 of the guest's phone number. It would be nice to have a field code that would pull that info from their contact info. Then I could write an email template and pull that in to give them their door code without having to pay extra for remote lock.

Lydia B
Oct 1, 2021 12:23 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2020 5 posts

There are two ways to add the last 4 digits of the guest's phone number as their door code.

First, you can always create a Custom Field Definition and include it as a question on the Point of Contact Form (sent at the time the guest is asked to sign the Renter Agreement). You would ask the guest to enter the last 4 digits of their number in the field. Once they do that, the info will be stored in their individual booking under the "Custom Fields" page. You could then insert the field code name you created into any messages you send.

The other way is to use our Manual Door Locks option on the Settings > Door Locks page:
https://secure.ownerrez.com/settings/locks/add

If you use the Manual Door Lock option, you can choose to set the code to the last 4 digits of whatever number is listed as primary in their booking. Doing this will make the last 4 digits show up on their individual booking on the left side of the Overview page. If you decide to use this option, you would insert the standard Field Code of {BDOORCODE} in your email template/messages.