Experience the difference of "Elite".

Allow using custom fields in channel rules

Chris L
Sep 12, 2021 5:08 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

I've taken the time to go through my Legal Agreements and insert Custom Fields where policies differ by property (e.g. I have a custom pet policy set up in each property that gets automatically merged into the Legal Agreement as applicable). It works great.

However, I still have to comb through and custom-write the House Rules section for each of my properties so the correct verbiage for that property shows up in the House Rules section (especially for Airbnb)

It would be much better if we could use Custom Field merge codes in the House Rules sections of each property.

I know there may be some breakage due to reformatting rich text Custom Fields as plain text; if it would be easier, I'd be fine limiting the House Rules to only allow merging custom fields that are plain text.

What would actually be amazing is if the Airbnb channel's House Rules could automatically be created based off of the Legal Agreement that applies to the Airbnb channel (since Airbnb only allows us to ask for legal agreements if the full text is specified in the House Rules section), but I know there's likely too much potential for breakage due to formatting, but simply allowing merge codes to be used would greatly simplify administration.

Chris Hynes
Sep 13, 2021 6:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, definitely a great idea to increase the number of places and ways that custom fields can be referenced. Something we want to do -- particularly the house rules templating. That might be able to be solved by a simple HTML > plain text conversion or even a text only version that you can configure.

We've got many custom field enhancements on the roadmap, but no ETA as of yet :-/.

Brian K
Oct 29, 2021 9:24 AM
Joined Oct, 2021 3 posts

Where are the additional House Rules on Airbnb coming from in OwnerRez?
I had additional house rules prior to migrating to API with Ownerrez, and I can't actually find where to edit them.

Ken T
Oct 29, 2021 12:08 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1549 posts

Generally, in the API Settings.

Brian K
Apr 29, 2022 8:54 AM
Joined Oct, 2021 3 posts

I just set up a second property, but those AirBNB Additional Rules are still hiding from me.  I cant edit them on Airbnb (likely because I am API connected) and I cannot find anywhere in OR where to edit them.

It's a problem because the verbiage makes references to my 1st property, but now these are showing in the Additional Rules on AirBNB for the second property.

Brian K
Aug 23, 2022 11:03 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 3 posts

Please, note that I am coincidentally a different Brian K, but also having this same issue. I am attempting to update the "Additional rules" section on Airbnb, but cannot find where to do this on OwnerRez. I am also connected with API, so cannot manually update them on Airbnb. Where can I find this? Thanks!

Brian K
Aug 23, 2022 11:13 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 3 posts

I just set up a second property, but those AirBNB Additional Rules are still hiding from me.  I cant edit them on Airbnb (likely because I am API connected) and I cannot find anywhere in OR where to edit them.

It's a problem because the verbiage makes references to my 1st property, but now these are showing in the Additional Rules on AirBNB for the second property.

by Brian K – Apr 29, 2022 12:54 PM (UTC)

I did end up finding this. It's in a very convoluted place. Go to: Settings > API Integrations > Airbnb > Change.

AmbroseBnB
Feb 18, 2024 6:10 PM
Joined Jun, 2023 7 posts

Airbnb House Rules can be set for all properties at once via the Airbnb API Integrations settings, as said above, but can also be set individually for each property by going into Properties > Channel Rules > House Rules, and making sure that "Override Channel API Rules" is selected.

As far as I can tell, OwnerRez unfortunately does not yet offer a field code that can reference these channel rules in message templates. We have 10 Airbnb listings that each require individualized house rules and I currently need to duplicate the channel rules into a custom property field in order to include them in templates. It would be really great if we could get channel field definitions as a feature!