Experience the difference of "Elite".

An important configuration feature to support more revenue

Chris Hynes
Aug 9, 2021 6:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I believe this is possible with our mutual blocking feature: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff

Is there a difference I'm missing about the scenario you're describing, or will that tool work for you?

Tarkan C
Aug 9, 2021 4:19 AM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

Hello there,

Case 1: It's common practice to combine two or more units and present it as one unit on listing sites, since some people search accommodation for large groups.

Case 2: It's common practice that hosts who rent bedrooms of a unit also list the unit as one whole listing in addition to bedrooms on listing sites.

Currently OR doesn't support the necessary configuration to be able to achieve the above scenarios.

Let's take Case 2 here as an example and say that this unit has 3 bedrooms: A, B and C. Let's call the whole unit as D.

OR should make it possible that

1) even if one of A, B or C is not available then D is not available either.
2) If D is not available A, B , C are not available either.

Thank you for consideration.

Kind regards,

Chris Hynes
Aug 9, 2021 6:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I believe this is possible with our mutual blocking feature: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff

Is there a difference I'm missing about the scenario you're describing, or will that tool work for you?

Chris L
Aug 9, 2021 6:06 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

As Chris Hynes said, it's definitely possible with the Mutual Blocking feature. I have two side-by-side 2-bedroom condos and rent them out separately as well as together as a combined unit. The Mutual Blocking feature works flawlessly IME.

Tarkan C
Aug 10, 2021 1:54 PM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

Great, I didn't realise this was possible. Thank you very much!