Experience the difference of "Elite".

Discount by Tag Criteria

OPCD TX
Aug 6, 2021 2:15 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 24 posts

I use tags on every single booking and now adding tags to the guest name. Please consider adding "TAG CRITERIA" to discounts based on TAGS. For example, friends and family discounts, repeat guest discounts, etc. The purpose of this request is not to do away with discount codes. The codes serve a purpose for very specific campaigns we run: seasonal, ads/promotion, etc and we track those by the code. We manually have to apply the repeat guest and friends and family discounts. If we have a TAG assigned to the guest name such as "repeatguest" it would be recognized in the system and their repeat reward would automatically apply at checkout. I see this as a great option and hope that others would too. The TAGS have been very useful in so many ways hopefully we can add this too!

Layla D
Aug 9, 2021 9:21 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 7 posts

Yes! I just started using tags to identify our return guests so I can apply the return guest discount. If it automatically applied the discount to guests with that tag, I wouldn't have to worry about missing one.

Ken T
Aug 10, 2021 11:13 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, that's a good idea that will likely be added down the road a bit.

CWV
Nov 29, 2022 1:29 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 57 posts

Any update on auto discount by tags as a feature?

Ken T
Nov 29, 2022 10:13 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

It's planned for next year, but in the meantime, you might just want to create some code discounts instead of tags. The suggested reasons -- "repeat guest" and "friends and family" would probably be better done as codes anyway.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/discount-codes

Michelle Z
Jan 20, 2023 2:41 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 11 posts

I would really value this feature, as it would be automatic, rather than a guest having to remember to enter a 'valuedguest' discount code or me having to remember to apply it!

We already have repeat/valued guests tagged which was so easy to do by filtering the contact list and applying the tags to our guest. So to be able to use the tag feature for discounts, would be fantastic!

Thanks for considering it.

Chip B
Jan 25, 2023 9:47 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 10 posts

I'd like to refresh the vote on this potential enhancement ... adding a tag to the booking criteria filter. If the contact is a VIP or Return, apply the discount. I'd use it for sure. Thanks!