Experience the difference of "Elite".

Ribbon Enhancements...
(page 1 )

Shawn H
Mar 1, 2023 8:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 205 posts

Hello all - the first round of Ribbon Calendar enhancements has been released! While it may look similar, the Ribbon Calendar has been completely rebuilt to address some long-standing issues. Read our bookings display > ribbon calendar support article to learn more about how it works.

We plan to add more to it over time - some of the things discussed in this thread - but this is a great first round!

PacViewLodging
Jun 17, 2021 4:23 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

After using OR for the past few months we've noticed there are a couple of Ribbon enhancements that would be extremely helpful

1. When you get to the end of a month the ribbon is very difficult to use when you are trying to see availability for multiple days that span the month end. You only option is to move a month forward and you lose the view of the previous days at the end of the month. The enhancement that we would love to see is to make the ribbon move by weeks instead of by months. This way when you get to the end of a month you could move a week forward and still have a view of the last few days of the previous month and the next few days of the upcoming or current month.

2. The hovers on the ribbon for the current bookings are great. We however get a large number of calls for guests looking to book direct. When "shopping" for available space it would be great if we could highlight the days for a particular property and have it provide the "base" rate. Similar to what it does if you click on them when the create quote dialog displays. This would give us a quick rate for the lookey loos. Another option here might be a "toggle" that would display the rate calendar in a ribbon format. IE display the base/spot rates for the days that are not occupied with an actual booking.

Chris L
Jun 20, 2021 2:29 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

#1 is even worse on mobile, where it shrinks the month to 15 days. It makes it difficult to see checkins/checkouts on the 15th.

Le Touquet Holid
Jun 20, 2021 7:30 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

The end of month display has been mentioned many times. I don't think thetecwill be a quick fix for this but I agree it's one off the most annoying features.

PacViewLodging
Jul 30, 2021 3:30 AM

As we approach month end I find myself cussing at my screen again 😦

MyGCR
Aug 26, 2021 6:42 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 17 posts

YES a million times yes. I was really surprised when I realized I could not keep scrolling from one month to the next on the ribbon view and the calendar view. This is super counterintuitive and very frustrating to navigate. I hope this one gets some more votes so that it can be rolled out as an improvement in the near future.

Le Touquet Holid
Dec 27, 2021 1:54 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

Could we please make a New Year commitment to fix the month-end calendar ribbon handling?

It's probably the most annoying feature about Owner Rez. 

I appreciate it's a big job because there are calendars everywhere but it does feel like the fix never makes it into the current sprint,  or whatever the terminology is these days for development.
Thank you.

Richard

Evelyn E
Dec 27, 2021 6:49 PM
Joined Mar, 2018 12 posts

Could we please make a New Year commitment to fix the month-end calendar ribbon handling?

It's probably the most annoying feature about Owner Rez. 

I appreciate it's a big job because there are calendars everywhere but it does feel like the fix never makes it into the current sprint,  or whatever the terminology is these days for development.
Thank you.

Richard

We have been asking for this for a long time. At least two years. I hope it comes soon because it is so absolutely aggravating.

Susie T
Jan 19, 2022 12:01 PM
Joined Oct, 2017 6 posts

For me it is that I can't see the entire list of properties on one screen because it scrolls under the owner Rez header. I would like to be able to shrink the screen to fit on one 'screenshot'. There is plenty of computer screen, just don't have ability to look at just the calendar without the owner Rez stuff.

Shawn H
Jan 19, 2022 1:04 PM

For me it is that I can't see the entire list of properties on one screen because it scrolls under the owner Rez header. I would like to be able to shrink the screen to fit on one 'screenshot'.

by Susie T – Jan 19, 2022 5:01 PM (UTC)

Hi Susie!  Ribbon view fitting on one screen will always vary based on how many properties a user has. For your use case though, you might try running your browser in Full Screen Mode (usually key 'F11' will toggle it on a PC) that has OwnerRez open. Or reducing the zoom on your browser (setting it to less than 100%) but that will affect text size and any other websites you have open.

-Shawn

PacViewLodging
Jan 19, 2022 1:47 PM

You can change the zoom level of the browser... On Chrome click on the 3 dots in the upper right and then change the zoom percentage.   I run mine at 80%.     I think you will have issues with needing to scroll based on the number of properties.   For us we have always had to scroll this screen.   Side to side is our biggest issue... Personally I think you should be able to tell it how many weeks you want to see back and forward and the screen just constantly adjusts accordingly.  (IE... show prior week current week and next week or current week and 2 following weeks, etc...   

It would also be nice to have a sort - We would like to sort by Owner for example so we can get all like properties grouped together, or sort by locations so we can get properties in the same city grouped, etc...

Shawn H
Jan 19, 2022 2:12 PM

It would also be nice to have a sort - We would like to sort by Owner for example so we can get all like properties grouped together, or sort by locations so we can get properties in the same city grouped, etc...

While you can't "group by" when you order, you can manually sort and put like properties together by changing the display order (internal or external) which is found on the List View under the Display Order button, which translates over to the internal order used on the Ribbon View (and other views) too.

PacViewLodging
Jan 19, 2022 2:33 PM

Thanks Shawn... that is what we have done and currently we have it by owner by property but it cant be changed dynamically... the enhancement would be to temp change that order...similar to what you do with filters.

We find we spend a lot of time on the ribbon.   It is by far the view of choice...  another nice to have would be a checkbox or something that allowed for the display of rates for any unbooked days .  We could quickly tell someone on the phone that is just price shopping what the ballpark rates would be.

Alan M
Oct 4, 2022 10:05 AM
Joined Sep, 2022 3 posts

I agree entirely with the above about the ribbon view. I am new to OR but came over from iGMS. The ability to scroll the ribbon view and simultaneously see the rates for unbooked nights was a major help on iGMS, If we got this on the OR platform it would make me so happy!

PacViewLodging
Oct 4, 2022 10:12 AM

Its not a feature if it is annoying and it is a CONSTANT RECURRING reminder of something that just doesn't work.

Shawn H
Feb 15, 2023 10:27 AM

Hello all - just a quick update, the first round of Ribbon Calendar enhancements is getting close to release. We hope to get it out later this month!

Shawn H
Mar 1, 2023 8:55 AM

Hello all - the first round of Ribbon Calendar enhancements has been released! While it may look similar, the Ribbon Calendar has been completely rebuilt to address some long-standing issues. Read our bookings display > ribbon calendar support article to learn more about how it works.

We plan to add more to it over time - some of the things discussed in this thread - but this is a great first round!

Chris K
Mar 1, 2023 9:57 AM
Joined Dec, 2020 4 posts

The new ribbon is AWFUL. Please make it an optional view with the old ribbon. With the old ribbon I could easily see the whole month for all 5 of my properties on my phone. Then quickly scroll from month to month to check on availability. Now too much screen space is given to the names of properties on the side and dates on the top. Plus I can’t even view a whole month. It’s the worst “improvement” ever. Worse than Clippy. 

Plus Vacation Ho
Mar 1, 2023 10:07 AM
Joined Jun, 2021 3 posts

Please Add the logo of booking site on the each reservation. I assume that should be simple as sometime we do treat booking’s differently based on where it is from .( like id requirement , sec deposit etc )

Yavuz
Mar 1, 2023 10:20 AM
Joined May, 2019 14 posts

The desktop works and looks great but it needs work on the mobile version. New is difficult to use on a phone. When I hold the phone vertical, I cannot see the property names with only 17 chars visible. When I hold the phone horizontal, more than half of the screen is used for bars and icons and little window left that only 3 properties fit. Fonts and scale of the bar chart can be smaller to fit more into the screen. I cannot see a full month now in the mobile.

Shawn H
Mar 1, 2023 10:28 AM

Hello all - I should have mentioned in my earlier post that we do provide a way to revert back for those that prefer or need the "legacy" ribbon view.

Find out how to do that in the support article: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/main-bookings-display