Experience the difference of "Elite".

A "Rate Paid" calendar

Bruce I
Jun 15, 2021 9:59 PM
Joined Apr, 2017 9 posts

Because I use some automated pricing, plus manually tweak my prices as well, I don't keep track of what price a place was actually booked at. It would be a great resource to be able to go back into history and see what the final booked price was for each night. I see it similar to the Rate Calendar tool, only historical.

PacViewLodging
Jun 17, 2021 4:38 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

I like this idea as well. Booking data is rolled up to the rent total and I havent found an easy way to get what the guest paid for each night. Since we charge higher rates on the weekends it would be great to see each of the days in the booking and what was actually paid for those days.

Our revenue management tool is going to adjust rates and when doing a comparative analysis of this year this day compared to last year this day will give an indication if perhaps there is more going on in the market than was anticipated, etc...

One other thought is handling of the channel fees, discounts, and surcharges... The daily rate on a multi day booking is adjusted by these amounts and there should be some way to toggle whether to use them or not in calculations for the daily actuals. I might suggest using percent of total. 300.00 booking for 2 days with 1 day being 200 and one day being 100 would have a discount of 52.50 being allocated as 2/3 to the first day and 1/3 to the second day or an actual rate of 165 for the first day and 82.50 for the second.

Rick & Sabrina M
Feb 6, 2023 8:03 PM
Joined Jun, 2022 1 post

Would also really like to see this. Does anyone have any kind of work around or way to locate this data?

PacViewLodging
Feb 6, 2023 8:30 PM

OwnerRez team I looked at the data that was available in reports and didn't see a way to actually see this data because as we all know a booking is rolled up to a rent total amount.  Surely there must be a report or something somewhere that knows what the nightly charge was for each of the nights that we could then reconcile back to the total rent.   Is there a reason we don't have charges for each night on the booking charges page?  Maybe I have something setup incorrectly.

PacViewLodging
Feb 7, 2023 1:46 PM

I think I found a way to get the past rates...  If you use Spot Rates (we use Pricelabs for pricing so every rate is a Spot Rate) you can see the rates for your properties in the past by day.  Got to Rates and choose the Spot Rates Tab.   You can then export that data with the button at the top. (or filter if you are only looking for something specific.)  I haven't found anywhere else to see them yet but you could use excel to Join the individual dates of the booking to the rate table to get the rate paid for each day of the booking.