Experience the difference of "Elite".

Tag Automations

Chuck K
Jun 13, 2021 1:19 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 83 posts

It would be nice to automatically add tags based on some action. Examples could be:

On NEW BOOKING add tag ["Needs Parking Pass"] to booking

On NEW BOOKING add tag ["Needs ID"] to guest only for no tag "ID on file"

On NEW INQUIRY add tag ["Needs ID"] to guest

On change in booking add tag ["Needs new Agreement"]

On NEW BOOKING where nights > 7 add tag ["Hot tub clean needed"] to booking

I can think of many other examples, both simple and more complicated, that would automate some functions and also give users very fine control over tasks/issues that may be unique to our own situations.

Seems to me if we could handle TAGS the same way we can handle Templates, it could work pretty well. Then we could setup OTHER triggers based on the tags that are auto-added or removed.

New BOOKING contains tag ["Hot tub clean needed"] send template "Hot Tub Clean needs to be scheduled" to hottub@property.com

High Mountain PM
Aug 23, 2022 4:58 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 6 posts

Any word on this happening? It'd be nice to have a tag automatically added like, no card on file, then automatically removed once the tag condition is satisfied.

PacViewLodging
Feb 24, 2023 5:42 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 76 posts

I would also like to see tags for items/surcharges that are added to a booking.   For example if someone adds a hot tub or pool heat the booking would have the designated tag for those items added to the booking.   This would then allow for triggered communications (emails and sms) based on the tag.  IE I could send a message to the bookings that have a HOT TUB tag on the day of arrival a reminder about hot tub rules and information on how to unlock it.

Shannon W
Feb 26, 2023 4:34 PM
Joined May, 2022 4 posts

This is a feature that we also need for our business. Are there any plans on the roadmap to build in this functionality?

Ken T
Feb 27, 2023 3:23 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1559 posts

Yes, this is planned for the future, though I don't have an ETA.

Greg Dorsey
May 30, 2023 4:02 PM
Joined Apr, 2022 3 posts

Is there an update for this?

Caleb M
May 31, 2023 10:24 PM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 121 posts

At this time, It is still planned though we can't provide any ETA.

Matthew Davis
Aug 14, 2023 2:54 PM
Joined Sep, 2022 1 post

Im not sure if this Auto Tags feature would work for this but....

When setting up surcharges, instead of having to select the properties individually, if we could select the surcharges and discounts based on Property Tags that would be awesome.

Currently if I get a new unit (and I have about 10 in progress to add to the 60+) I have to remember to go add the property to all the different charges/discounts etc individually, instead of just selecting the property tag that we use for sorting.

Jenny O
Sep 28, 2023 10:10 AM
Joined Aug, 2022 15 posts

This is a painintheass (PITA) I do now manually on every reservation.  This would be a game changer for us!  A trigger of conditions to add or remove tags would be incredible!!!!

Shawn H
Oct 4, 2023 11:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 207 posts

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (Automatic tags)]

A4Life
Nov 12, 2023 12:56 PM
Joined May, 2023 3 posts

We really need this feature enabled.  Task Management would be great, but at least some automation of tags to assist us in our own automations.  This could be as basic as in the Triggers, add a section of tags to add or remove from the reservation, in addition to sending a Template, using the same controls that exist on the same page under criteria.  This should be really low development effort and high value.  Lack of Task Management is causing me to evaluate other platforms, but this would go a long way.

Steven C
Nov 13, 2023 6:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2021 6 posts

I know I am the 3rd OR Team member to comment on this thread that it is coming.  But it is coming!  lol

As the tag at the top of the thread indicated this is indeed in development and will be released shortly!

Version 1 will most likely just add criteria very similar to the current trigger template as you mention.  But once the groundwork is laid, future revisions will hopefully add more logic and conditions such as automatically adding when a booking has a specific surcharge.

As a Property Owner and user myself I am just as excited about this feature coming as you are!   Stick with us it will be here soon!

Ann-Tyler
5 days ago
Joined Jul, 2019 17 posts

That's great news! Any updates on the ETA for this new feature? 

Shannon W
5 days ago
Joined May, 2022 4 posts

3 years since this was originally requested; 6 months since it was "coming soon"; still not an available feature :/