Experience the difference of "Elite".

2 Factor Authentication For OR Account Login.

Shawn H
Dec 8, 2022 10:19 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 205 posts

Two-Factor Authentication has been released! Read the support article here: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/privacy-security-two-factor

Le Touquet Holid
Jun 11, 2021 1:41 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

Could we please have 2-factor authentication implemented for Owner Rez account logins?

Chris L
Jun 14, 2021 5:49 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

I think 2FA in general is a plus (so I'll vote for this feature) BUT can you please make the cookie that remembers logins more permanent, then? It's already a PITA when I'm trying to deal with a guest on my phone and the site has logged me out and I have to make the guest wait while I fiddle with trying to log in. That'll be significantly more inconvenient if I have to deal with 2FA on top of it. As long as I'm regularly using the site, it should just basically never log me out. :)

Maria P
Jun 15, 2021 12:40 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 4 posts

I would suggest if anything that it is only done for account owners and/or accounts with admin access. We already have issues with owners, housekeepers and maintenance forgetting passwords and being logged out from their account.. have 2FA would just be another headache for them.

Shawn H
Jan 27, 2022 8:19 PM

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/twofactor-authentification)]

Tarkan C
Feb 6, 2022 6:36 AM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

To have a more secure platform would be great! It'd be devastating if my OR account was hacked. 

Yavuz
Sep 5, 2022 2:41 PM
Joined May, 2019 14 posts

It is really frustrating that this important feature for security is still pending in back burner for several years; and still not planned. It is anytime someone can login and refund all our money. 

Chris Hynes
Sep 6, 2022 6:58 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

This is actually now under development -- thanks for the nudge, I've updated the status on this feature request.

Le Touquet Holid
Sep 6, 2022 7:30 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

Hi Chris whilst your in the 2fa headspace can you think about a work around for the 2fa required for the channel bridge into air bnb. Its very frustrating having to enter a code and pin into air bnb before channel bridge will work.

Shawn H
Sep 6, 2022 2:49 PM

Hello! We're actually looking into implementing the newer Airbnb transactions API which can hopefully stem how much OR users have to use Channel Bridge after being API connected. We have to do a few other things first but we hope to get to it later this calendar year.

Shawn H
Dec 8, 2022 10:19 AM

Two-Factor Authentication has been released! Read the support article here: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/privacy-security-two-factor

On T
Dec 9, 2022 9:42 PM
Joined Dec, 2022 1 post

Hello. I am using a Staff Member / Team Access account and I cannot seem to access the Safeguards page to setup 2FA for my account. How will this work??

Thanks,
On

Chris Hynes
Dec 10, 2022 7:13 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you are logged in to the main account, you won't be able to access the Safeguards page for your own account. To get back to your own account, use the "Unimpersonate" button in the top-right corner to log back out of the main account into your own account.

Then you'll be able to access the Safeguards page for your own account.