Experience the difference of "Elite".

Lynx

Sloanish
Jun 4, 2021 1:38 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

Seems to be a very good property Lock system.
It asks you to insert a special code into the lock when you check out. This alerts the cleaners and management.

https://www.getlynx.co/integrations/

Ventura County V
Mar 30, 2022 1:38 PM
Joined Mar, 2022 115 posts

Says that OR is integrated, but I don't see how on OR to set that up.

Rex C
Mar 30, 2022 4:14 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 47 posts

Lynx can be connected using iCals but they do not have an API integration.

Once you link the iCals, you will start seeing reservations inside Lynx as they sync. However, it can take up to an hour for the first full sync to complete. iCal links will bring over the check-in/check out dates of the reservations.

If and when Lynx does become an official partner with an API integration, this will allow reservations to sync over instantaneously. This also allows for other information to transfer over like the guest information. It's completely up to Lynx how this will work though, and it appears they do not plan to build this full integration at the current time.

I recommend reaching out directly to Lynx for any further questions. Plus that way they know someone else is wanting the API integration.

Here is the support article from their site with setup instructions for OwnerRez users: https://support.getlynx.co/hc/en-us/articles/360058099612

Jake & Andrea
Mar 24, 2023 2:20 PM
Joined Jan, 2022 13 posts

Lynx has a new integration with OwnerRez which passes the door code back to OwnerRez.  See set up instructions here:

https://support.getlynx.co/hc/en-us/articles/14211270001805-How-To-Add-OwnerRez-Integration-in-Lynx?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo5NzY5NTUwLCJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxNDEwMzI1OTQ3NzkwMSwidGlja2V0X2lkIjo5ODgxMSwiY2hhbm5lbF9pZCI6NjMsInR5cGUiOiJTRUFSQ0giLCJleHAiOjE2ODIxOTkwODB9.4mnwvAJOGGOcZm7AJvv27heTJieX0lR2VD4qybUSlMs

I just set it up, and presumably will be disabling the iCal integration, once I confirm this is working.

If anyone has set this up and tested it, please comment.

Ben
Mar 24, 2023 3:14 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 45 posts

Thanks for letting us know about this. Do you know approx how much it is per lock?

Thanks!

Jake & Andrea
Mar 24, 2023 5:52 PM
Joined Jan, 2022 13 posts

I only have 3 locks and paying $18/lock/month, annually in advance.  This is much more than RemoteLock and several other options. 

The Lynx support has been excellent.  They also offer messaging and other services (charging to early/late check-in/out, etc.) for an additional fee.  I do not use those.

You can set up master codes for the cleaning and maintenance teams, and one time codes for folks coming in to do one time repairs.

Have been using Lynx since January, 2022 and at the time this seemed to be the best solution.  The initial integration with OwnerRez has been one way from OR to Lynx through iCal calendar.

This new integration promises to pass the door codes from Lynx to OR.  Typically (about 90%) those codes are the last 4 digits of the guest phone number, but not always.

Ben
Mar 25, 2023 3:36 AM

Thanks Jake

Tbh tho, $18 to set the codes a month is extortionate and unjustifiable. I did wonder why they were not being transparent with their pricing.

The upselling can be done via other means.

I’m probably going to wait for an open source type solution that I can install into my existing smart hubs.

Think Seam offer this but sounds complicated to setup.

All the best!

Ventura County V
Mar 27, 2023 4:35 PM

There already is an open source option that was around $100 per unit per year when I found them a few years ago, but Lynx does provide value for what they charge.  I have them on 6 properties and recommend them.

Ventura County V
Mar 27, 2023 4:40 PM

Thank you Jake!  I'm setting up my properties now!

Ventura County V
Mar 27, 2023 7:33 PM

@Jake I

FYI if you want to use the Lynx door code in a message, you need to use the code BXLYNXACCESSCODE

The "BDOORCODE" field will not work.  OR creates a custom field BXLYNXACCESSCODE to store the data from lynx.  If you go to the insert field screen, Booking tab, and search on Lynx it will pop-up for you.

Ventura County V
Apr 13, 2023 11:04 PM

Ben, you also get a branded guest portal where they can remotely control the locks and other connected devices like thermostats and garage door openers from their phones.  There is also automated messaging, which was a bonus with the iCal integration as that's how my guest's codes were sent out.  It's still how the portal goes out, which I find to be a good feature that my guests have enjoyed.

Ryan

Ben
Apr 15, 2023 2:44 AM

Just been quoted $99/month for one unit 😂 

Unbelievable.

Syndee D
Apr 28, 2023 10:00 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 1 post

I just added the API integration to my Lynx account. There was a slight issue, as they only grabbed 20 of my 22 reservations, but they quickly corrected it. Their customer service is great! 

Ben
Apr 29, 2023 2:43 AM

For what they charge, they should be!

I found their customer service really condescending, they assumed I had only one property and said:

We typically work with large property owners/managers.  Probably not a great fit for you.”

I wanted to test one property, to check it actually worked with z-wave, as that’s what all my lock use. 

They also wanted to charge me $99/month for just one property!

Ventura County V
Apr 29, 2023 2:54 AM

I've had nothing but the best of interactions with their support.  Sometime last summer when I switched to OR I asked Lynx support if and how they worked with OR, which at that time was an iCal link.  When they went live with their API integration with OR (which OR still has not announced officially beyond a comment in this forum), Colin from Lynx reached out and let me know the API integration was live and offered to help walk me through the connection (I was already connected by then).  I've had a couple of issues with the API with times being off randomly and they have been very quick to investigate the issue.

What addons did you have for $99/m?  Did you have whitelabel and SMS?  I pay less than that and only use the basic service with two of my properties having thermostat integration.