Experience the difference of "Elite".

Trigger if guest has (or hasn’t) replied/opened an existing automated email.

Ben
May 6, 2021 4:56 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 45 posts

There’s been a couple of times where a guest hasn’t replied to my email asking them to confirm receipt of the check-in details.

So I’ve set up a second reminder email which I’d prefer not to be sent if the guest has already confirmed receipt.

Or even “if guest hasn’t opened this” (select template) as a criteria would be really useful towards complete automation.

Ken T
May 6, 2021 9:56 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

I'm afraid we won't be adding this. That's because our "Guest has read the email" indicator is extremely unreliable. This is due to the nature of how email works, which we don't control.

- We can easily get false positives - if guests have a sophisticated spam filter, it will "read" our email, but the actual guest never saw it.

- We can easily get false negatives - many guests have their email clients set to not display images from unknown addresses, in which case, they actually will see and read the emails, but we don't know it.

So we cannot use this indicator to trigger other automatic events - it's just not reliable enough.

Ben
May 6, 2021 3:24 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 45 posts

I kind of expected this response, but thought there would be some way to trigger when a guest has replied to a specific message since it is sent from OwnerRez and there is a conversation history... Taking focus away from the “read message” aspect which was more of a backup suggestion. Although I imagine this would mean OR customers are less likely to require the texting service, which in my opinion is really expensive (and I don’t think I can use it either). But if you want more customer satisfaction, it would provide more automation, so an idea to consider for future.

Ken T
May 6, 2021 7:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

That may be something we could consider down the road as we move towards a unified inbox.