Experience the difference of "Elite".

AirBnb API Offline Security Deposits Request

Brendan C
Apr 13, 2021 12:03 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 22 posts

What if a guest doesn't fill out the credit card info when prompted a few days prior to arrival? I often have to chase people down to sign the rental agreement within 3 days after booking. I think the credit card info should be collected at time of reservation and the "hold" placed 3 days prior to arrival. It should be seamless. Is there a way for AirBnb to send over the credit card info or have the guest authorize it upon booking?

Chris Hynes
Apr 13, 2021 6:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

There isn't a way for Airbnb to send over the credit card info.

However, you can send out the security deposit request form as early as you want -- even at booking. If the secdep is currently due, then the hold will be placed immediately. If the secdep isn't due yet, though, the card will be put on file and the secdep scheduled for the due date.

If you've got the Airbnb channel in OwnerRez configured for the secdep to be held in OwnerRez, then you can change your template that uses the e-Signature link and change that to the Booking Clean-Up Link which will get both a renter agreement signature and also a secdep scheduled or held (assuming the rules demand a secdep).

Brendan C
Apr 14, 2021 10:49 AM
Joined Nov, 2019 22 posts

Hi,

I have turned on the booking clean up link, but when I preview it and test it, it doesn't include the page to insert the credit card info for the security deposit. Am I missing something?

Joel P
Apr 14, 2021 12:17 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

Hi Brendan,

I reviewed your templates and couldn't find the one with the BUFIXUP link.

If you write into our help desk (help@ownerreservations.com) with an ORB number or a Template name we can take a look at specific bookings and help you figure out what's happening.

High Tide Vacati
Apr 15, 2021 12:15 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 2 posts

Can the offline secdep request through Ownerrez be retroactive, or just going forward after launch? For example, can I make the request for guests who booked prior to 4/13/2021?

Chris Hynes
Apr 15, 2021 8:03 PM

The system won't automatically send a request, but if the guest agrees you can go to their booking in OwnerRez and request a security deposit on the Transactions tab.

Pawleys Island B
Apr 17, 2021 6:37 AM
Joined Apr, 2020 2 posts

If I send a booking clean up request via Airbnb, the links will be blocked out. How do you get around that?

Bill

Chris Hynes
Apr 17, 2021 8:22 AM

Airbnb blocks links before booking, but after booking links should go through.

If the links still aren't going through after booking, send a help ticket with the specific conversation where you're having issues and we'll have a look.

Ken T
May 18, 2021 3:20 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We've updated the support docs explaining how this all works:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/security-deposit-holds#airbnb