Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quickbooks Integration: Refunds

Dori123
Mar 30, 2021 11:18 AM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

When I have a cancellation, the OR integration with QB seems to zero out the original invoice. It would be preferable if it created a refund instead.
The way it appears to be working now is that the QB invoice is updated to a $0 sale, which leaves me with orphaned deposits and refunds in my QuickBooks.

Paul W
Mar 31, 2021 12:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Dori,

It only zero's out the invoice if the charges in OwnerRez are zero'd out. The QB invoice is always designed to mimic (ie. be an exact copy) of the charges on the booking. So when the booking charges change (whether for a refund or any other reason) the QB invoice will match.

The problem is that refunds are not created in QB (as a credit memo or whatever) so it does leave a problem with cancellations/refunds.

We plan to update our QB process to handle sales in a way where money is transferred from liability (for the initial payment) to an invoice or sales receipt later when the booking arrives. This will also help with the refund issue.

Dori123
Mar 31, 2021 1:07 PM

Thanks, I'll watch for the update.

Dori123
Dec 10, 2021 7:25 PM

Grrrr. This is such a frustrating issue for me; I really can't get my head around how it's considered okay for OR to reach back in time and change historical transactions on my QB side. I know you all go in and zero out the invoice on the OR side in the case of a cancellation, but please please please don't update that to a past invoice on the QB side. It messes up my registry. I still have to refund the cash, which I do on my QB side.
There has got to be a better way!!

Chris Hynes
Dec 11, 2021 9:30 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The QB sync is designed to update charge changes on bookings in OwnerRez to invoices in QB. If you're making a change you don't want to sync to QB, you could first go to the QB tab of the booking and turn off the sync for just that one booking -- then the change won't sync to QB and you can update on the QB side.

Ocean Zen
Feb 25, 2023 1:03 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Hi Dory and everyone,

This is a one of the most important accounting issues we face. I have included this in the list mentioned below. I am trying to create urgency with addressing Quickbooks Integration / Accounting issues in OR by having all key stakeholders join together to create a louder voice. To do so I have tried to summarize all the open issues in this theme and have created one master feature request that I am asking everyone that would like to see this addressed cast a vote for so we concentrate our voting and allow OR to see the magnitude of the need. I do have some ideas for a rapid resolution but at this time want to focus on identifying and prioritizing the issues/problems and have OR engage in prioritizing this fix.

The comprehensive thread is that this Feature request (full link below). If you feel this is a need PLEASE VOTE. If you have any additions, corrections, or comments please reply and I will try to keep the top post updated.

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/go/70573

Thank you for your support and lets get a roadmap for this once and for all!!

Manel